Appreciate Mal Osborne !

Post by Dave » Fri, 11 May 2001 17:19:19

Hi Mal,

Appreciate for helping me on this matter.  You are greate cause you can
understand what l mean.  Thank you very much.

English is not my first language but l will try to improve my english
anywhere.

One more question.  l can not format the IDE HD using Disk Administrator.
Error message appear as "Can not complete to format drive".  Why ?

Thanks a lot.

Dave

Appreciate Mal Osborne !

Post by Mal Osborn » Sat, 12 May 2001 23:23:38

IDE HDDs greater than 8Gb need at least service pack 4 to work under NT, the
ATAPI driver in earlier versions will give the error you are getting.  If
you are installing, you have a problem, the version of NT during the install
is SP1 (SP4 gets put on later).  You need to download a version of the ATAPI
driver from SP4, and install it as a third party SCSI controller.

Q197667 explains it all and has a link to download the SP4 ATAPI driver

--
Mal Osborne
MCSE MVP Mensa

Quote:> Hi Mal,

> Appreciate for helping me on this matter.  You are greate cause you can
> understand what l mean.  Thank you very much.

> English is not my first language but l will try to improve my english
> anywhere.

> One more question.  l can not format the IDE HD using Disk Administrator.
> Error message appear as "Can not complete to format drive".  Why ?

> Thanks a lot.

> Dave

1. Cris Hanna, Grey Lancaster, Jeff Middleton, Mal Osborne

To all the SBS MVPs:

First, let me apologize if I have not mentioned a MVP in the above list.

I am a Certified Public Accountant/Certified Information Technology
Professional [a new designation from the AICPA] and I am writing an
article for the CPA society's technical/computer magazine to be released
in April of 2001.  I am writing about the wealth of self-help technical
support available on web sites, newgroups and the like.  Obviously I
have gained MUCH knowledge from all the MVPs on this site.  For that I
thank you very much.

I would like to request your approval in listing your names in my
article.  Would you mind as well if I indicated the geographic regions
that each of you come from?  It is always a wonder to me of how many
areas of the World are represented in this newsgroup.

I thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Susan E. Bradley, CPA/CITP

sent to newsgroups and to MVPs individually

and please, if there are additional MVPs out there that I failed to
mention, please let me know!

P.S.  On direct access they have an article about how to get you staff
ready to profit from SBS 2000  - sounds like it's coming........  :<)
http://www.microsoft.com/directaccess/products/vapvoice/sbs/2000/sbs1...

2. mods, patches, updates

3. Thank You Mr.Mal Osborne...!

4. Release Manager in Which Dept?

5. Mal? LPR w/print server

6. Cisco 2950 doesn't recognise VTP commands

7. Thanks for your help and Ideas Jeff &Mal

8. Printing: Two Instances of .EXE, but pointing to different printers

9. Mal, etc: Any known good "SBS aware" ISPs in Australia?

10. Thanks, Mal!

11. Thanks for your help and Ideas Jeff &Mal

12. Jeff or Mal we need some advise!

13. Any Help Appreciated