Removing last user name from logon

Post by Grey Lancaster [MS MVP SBS » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

out of the box you don't.  Might look at kixstart

--
Grey
MVP SBS

http://www.smallbizserver.com FAQ's/Links etc
http://www.egroups.com/group/sbs2k  SBS Listserve

Post by Michael Burnfor » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:55:40

In NT I can add DontDisplayLastUserName =1 in the registry and the logon
dialog comes up blank, but how do I do the same in W95&98?

Regards
--
Michael Burnford

Removing last user name from logon

Post by GGLukowsk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Use MS TweakUI or X-Setup

George

> out of the box you don't.  Might look at kixstart

> --
> Grey
> MVP SBS

> http://www.smallbizserver.com FAQ's/Links etc
> http://www.egroups.com/group/sbs2k  SBS Listserve

> > In NT I can add DontDisplayLastUserName =1 in the registry and the logon
> > dialog comes up blank, but how do I do the same in W95&98?

> > Regards
> > --
> > Michael Burnford

Removing last user name from logon

Post by Rob » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:05:55

I would create a new Policy for your system. You can manage all your login
etc from there, including dont show last name.

Regards,
Rob

> Use MS TweakUI or X-Setup

> George

> > out of the box you don't.  Might look at kixstart

> > --
> > Grey
> > MVP SBS

> > http://www.smallbizserver.com FAQ's/Links etc
> > http://www.egroups.com/group/sbs2k  SBS Listserve

> > > In NT I can add DontDisplayLastUserName =1 in the registry and the
logon
> > > dialog comes up blank, but how do I do the same in W95&98?

> > > Regards
> > > --
> > > Michael Burnford

Removing last user name from logon

Post by Paul » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Download tweakui does the same

Remove "junkmailersareidiots" when replying

> I would create a new Policy for your system. You can manage all your login
> etc from there, including dont show last name.

> Regards,
> Rob

> > Use MS TweakUI or X-Setup

> > George

> > > out of the box you don't.  Might look at kixstart

> > > --
> > > Grey
> > > MVP SBS

> > > http://www.smallbizserver.com FAQ's/Links etc
> > > http://www.egroups.com/group/sbs2k  SBS Listserve

> logon

1. Problems with LAST LOGON USER NAME and LAST LOGON USER DOMAIN

I have a SMS 2.0 SP3 in NT 4.0 domain.

I have a 95 / 98 machines.

Some of this machines didn't report the LAST LOGON USER NAME and LAST LOGON USER DOMAIN.

I think the problem is WBEM, in some of this machines i delete the smsclient, using 20clicln.bat, and delete all the Wbem registry entries, and reinstall the client again, but the LAST LOGON USER NAME and LAST LOGON USER DOMAIN didn't show.

Someone have a answer for this ?

Thanks

2. Archive Logging

3. Netgear RT311 & Zyxel Prestige 310 Firmware

4. Last Logon User Name/Last Logon User Domain does not always show up

5. Bell Canada Completing All-Digital Network

6. Last Logon User Name

7. software distribution through group policy

8. Last logon user name

9. last logon user name

10. User last name and first name

11. Last Logon/Last Logoff