I have just setup a HP 4000 N. Everything cam OK first time round. The steps
1. Setup 4000 N with all options & ensure it is connected to the network.
I did a test print and the DHCP had allocated an IP Address.
2. Load the HP4000 N NT software. Set the printer to local port LPT1:
3. Run HP JetHadmin & check that it can see the Laser
4. Modify the properties of one of the HP 4000 printer definitions.
5. Add port HP Jet Direct & Select the Laser
6. Test Print
I get three printer definitions - for PCL5, PCL6 & PostScript. I am
wondering which is the best to user.
>I'm having a tough time with the install of a new HP 4000 TN laser printer.
>Everything seems to be up and running. The IP stack on the printer checks
>out and I can see the thing through DHCP Manager. But, when I go to install
>the JetDirect software on the server, I can't browse and find the printer.
>There must be a better way. Any help gratefully received.