Client Software roll outs

Post by Jonathan Rudo » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:52:50

Although this isnt really an SBS question I always find the help in this
Newsgroup very good! Basically I have been asked to look at a NT (non-SBS!)
network of about 8 servers and 100 client machines. The task is to roll out
software (Office 2000, IE, some non-MS products) in an efficient manner and
make sure everything is the same and updates can be easily applied. What
method would people recommend? I dont really want to use SMS due to the
expense and skills required. I guess the main issue is security updates as
well as the initial set up of the software.

Does IEAK allow you to roll out security updates?

TIA

Regards,
Jon

Client Software roll outs

Post by Steve Foster [SBS MVP » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 07:07:08

At that kind of size, the answer *is* SMS.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Quote:> Although this isnt really an SBS question I always find the help in this