Upgrade SBS 2000 trial to SBS 2000 full version

Upgrade SBS 2000 trial to SBS 2000 full version

Post by Ani » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 01:45:44

Hi! Iwant to know how can I upgrade without reinstall.

Thank you

Upgrade SBS 2000 trial to SBS 2000 full version

Post by SBS-MV » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:26:42

In order to do this you must purchase a FULL RETAIL IN THE BOX COPY OF SBS.    Not a version upgrade, not a competitive upgrade, not OEM  Part Number / SKU is E75-00008

--
Cris Hanna (SBS - MVP)
Please only repond to the NG and not to my email so that all may benefit from the information

  Hi! Iwant to know how can I upgrade without reinstall.

  Thank you

Upgrade SBS 2000 trial to SBS 2000 full version

Post by Dale - RoadRunne » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:12:24

Once you have the retail copy in hand run the sbs setup.  Your existing setting will be preserved.
--
Dale

  In order to do this you must purchase a FULL RETAIL IN THE BOX COPY OF SBS.    Not a version upgrade, not a competitive upgrade, not OEM  Part Number / SKU is E75-00008

  --
  Cris Hanna (SBS - MVP)
  Please only repond to the NG and not to my email so that all may benefit from the information

    Hi! Iwant to know how can I upgrade without reinstall.

    Thank you

Upgrade SBS 2000 trial to SBS 2000 full version

Post by Jeff Middleton [SBS MVP » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 12:49:05

FYI, the process to upgrade is essentially identical to a scratch install, except that you have all your original settings preserved.  Same shares, printer, RAS, etc.  But, it's the same sequence and time required.

  Once you have the retail copy in hand run the sbs setup.  Your existing setting will be preserved.
  --
  Dale

    In order to do this you must purchase a FULL RETAIL IN THE BOX COPY OF SBS.    Not a version upgrade, not a competitive upgrade, not OEM  Part Number / SKU is E75-00008

    --
    Cris Hanna (SBS - MVP)
    Please only repond to the NG and not to my email so that all may benefit from the information

      Hi! Iwant to know how can I upgrade without reinstall.

      Thank you

1. How to upgrade SBS 4.5 to full version of Windows 2000

Hi All,
Our company recently bought regular windows 2000 server &
exchange 2000 and we have SBS 4.5 with exchange server
running on it.

I want to find out the right path to upgrade/restructure
on a new machine.

- Can I use ADMT and ADC to connect and move all the
security ID e.g login SID group ID to my Active directory
and exchange information?

Or do I have to follow upgrade to SBS 2000 path and copy
everything manually and then setup upgrade program?

Please help.... thanks

2. UUEncode standard? Is there?

3. Upgrading to full version SBS 2000

4. prepress help

5. Upgrading from SBS 4.5 to full Windows 2000/Exchange 2000???

6. Apache for Netware

7. SBS 4.5 -> SBS 2000 - Testing Full System Restore Before Upgrade

8. Lockups in Netmeeting, FIXED :)

9. Trial version of SBS 2000

10. SBS 2000 Trial version

11. Upgrade from Trial version to full version

12. Upgrade to Windows 2000 (NOT SBS 2000) Server from SBS 4.5

13. SBS 2000 or Seperate Full Versions?