sbs4.5 to sbs2000

Post by D_Ramsde » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:28:33

Thank you M$ for making my life hell...............

I have an SBS4.5 installation running Exchange proxy web etc etc, and I have
a new server which I will be connecting to a new Vlan with SBS2000 BUT I
want all the exchange mailboxes, dtat files ate ate from the SBS4.5 machine.

SBS 4.5 is running on Win NT4

SBS 2000 is running Win2K

My thinking is put them both on a segment and produce some trusts it Domain1
trusts domain2 BUT they are both PDC's and I'm really reluctant to demote
the SBS2000 on for this exercise. (I will if it's the last resort)

Has anyone else done this I would really like to chat this through with
someone or even all of you

sbs4.5 to sbs2000

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA/CITP, MCP aka E-BIT » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 02:58:51

Hey....it's not just MS...it's a pain to migrate data from one hardware to
another period!

Susan B.

Official MS path:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q278/4/39.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q290/6/03.ASP

That's the official route...DO NOT FORGET TO BACK UP THE PUBLIC FOLDERS AND
SEND
THEM TO A PST FILE!!!!

 Subject: Re: SBS2000 installation
 Newsgroups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
 Date: 2001-06-02 13:33:52 PST

Hi Marek,

For moving data from the old SBS server to the new one you could export
Exchange data with Exmerge. The Exmerge tool is located on the first CD of
SBS 2000 and there you will also find a readme file with instructions how to
use Exmerge. If you do not have to many users Exmerge is the best way to go.
Exmerge does not export public folders, you have to export those to a *.pst
file from within Outlook.

An upgraded version of the readme file can be found here:

--
Bye
Mariette Knap [MS SBS MVP]

> Thank you M$ for making my life hell...............

> I have an SBS4.5 installation running Exchange proxy web etc etc, and I have
> a new server which I will be connecting to a new Vlan with SBS2000 BUT I
> want all the exchange mailboxes, dtat files ate ate from the SBS4.5 machine.

> SBS 4.5 is running on Win NT4

> SBS 2000 is running Win2K

> My thinking is put them both on a segment and produce some trusts it Domain1
> trusts domain2 BUT they are both PDC's and I'm really reluctant to demote
> the SBS2000 on for this exercise. (I will if it's the last resort)

> Has anyone else done this I would really like to chat this through with
> someone or even all of you

1. upgrading sbs4.5 to sbs2000

Hi all,

When i try to upgrade from sbs4,5 to sbs2000 the wizard stops with the
following error message;

U must logged on with the default administrators account as "Administrator"
.
Read the updated remarks of this release on the web to change the username
and the connected services
to "Administrator".

The are no links to the web to find a solutions. We have a Dutch version of
SBS and the Administrator is called
"beheerder" in Dutch so i think this causes the problem.

Anyone have an idea.

Thank you in advance.

2. File shortcut errors at W2000 startup

3. Recovery of SBS4.5 from SBS2000

4. Overlapped I/O on Win95

5. Upgrade fom SBS4.5 to SBS2000

6. I/O redirection problem

7. SBS4.5 to SBS2000 Upgrade path?

8. splash screen

9. SBS4.5 To SBS2000 Migration

10. Email problem after upgrading from SBS4.5 to SBS2000

11. Migrating SBS4.5 to SBS2000

12. Real hardware for SBS4.5 and SBS2000

13. SBS4.5 to SBS2000 Upgrade using a new server