Proxy and packet filtering

Post by scoo » Fri, 24 May 2002 05:24:07

Ok, I have been having some problems getting a pop3 acct
from a laptop to access exchange while on the road.  Have
gotten 1 response to may last inquiry but with all the
reading I've been doing, I think its got something to do
with packet filtering.  I can go into proxy, winsock proxy
and look at security and packet filtering is not turned
on.  I am not certified but I am responsible for the
server.  It was installed and set up by a consultant.
Where can I find some good info on proxy and packet
filtering so I can get an understanding and get it set up
correclty to allow mobile access to mailboxes via pop3?

Proxy and packet filtering

Post by jimbehn.. » Fri, 24 May 2002 11:25:10

Running the Internet Connection Wizard from the SBS console more
tasks/internet connections should let you do that without getting into
Proxy.

>Ok, I have been having some problems getting a pop3 acct
>from a laptop to access exchange while on the road.  Have
>gotten 1 response to may last inquiry but with all the
>reading I've been doing, I think its got something to do
>with packet filtering.  I can go into proxy, winsock proxy
>and look at security and packet filtering is not turned
>on.  I am not certified but I am responsible for the
>server.  It was installed and set up by a consultant.
>Where can I find some good info on proxy and packet
>filtering so I can get an understanding and get it set up
>correclty to allow mobile access to mailboxes via pop3?

Jim B.