Multiple Monitors with Remote Access

Post by Tom » Sat, 22 Jul 2006 02:13:07

We are building a new server and concerned about our (planned) operating
system being able to handle dual monitors during remote access. Does anyone
know for sure that Microsoft Small Business Server using Windows 2003 &
Terminal Access supports dual monitors at the remote access locations?

Is Citrix XP the better choice?

Multiple Monitors with Remote Access

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:37:49

Not sure what you mean by multiple monitors

Let me clear up a couple of items
SBS 2003 does run on Windows Server 2003 but it cannot run TS in application mode

If you have dual monitors attached to your SBS 2003 Server and you remote into it the dual monitors are of zero consequence as you don't see those montiors
You only see what you have.

Now if your question has to do with you having dual monitors at the remote end and connect to a SBS Server remotely...you could move the SBS server session to one monitor while you work your desktop on the other screen

Hope this helps

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]