ICW firewall trouble

Post by Jerem » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:42:01

So I am attempting to run ICW and it fails on the Firewall configuration. I
am using ISA 2004. There is no event ID but the icwlog does have some errors.

I put it up here: http://directfreight.com/jeremy/icwlogexert.txt

Thanks, in advance,

Jeremy

ICW firewall trouble

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 06:31:06

How many nics
whats doing DHCP and DNS
What option did you choose in the wizard?

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
--------------------------------------

  So I am attempting to run ICW and it fails on the Firewall configuration. I
  am using ISA 2004. There is no event ID but the icwlog does have some errors.

  I put it up here: http://directfreight.com/jeremy/icwlogexert.txt

  Thanks, in advance,

  Jeremy

1. trouble with 2nd NIC and ICW

Hi Everyone,

I just install a clean SBS 2000 and now I added the 2nd NIC.  (Hint:
DLink shipped the card, provided by ISP with a defective floppy, AND
their website has bad files, hours later, I found the right ones on
their FTP site)

Here's the config:
- First NIC:
IP: 192.168.16.2  (default as per SBS)
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: blank
DNS: 192.168.16.2
WINS: 192.168.16.2

- Second NIC:
IP: 192.168.123.2
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.123.254 (default as per SMC)
DNS: provided by ISP
WINS: blank

Second NIC is attached to an SMC router (192.168.123.254) with it's own
DHCP server disabled.

When I try to run the ICW, I get the following error:
"The specified IP address of your external network card is already
recorded in the Local Address Table (LAT) of the ISA server.  You must
either change the IP address of your network connection, or remove the
IP address from the ISP server LAT"

I'm suspecting that since I installed SBS without the second card, I now
must change something somewhere, I'm just not certain how to access or
change ISA.

Thanks
Richard

2. MPPOI'95 Final Program

3. ICW not showing firewall configuration options

4. Tunnelling TNPP

5. ICW doesn't offer firewall setting options

6. Client Hard Drive Always Running

7. ICW and firewall problems

8. In FIS how to let [1 0 0 1 1] as a output ?

9. ICW - no proxy options to set firewall

10. Is Windows XP SP2 Firewall a "personal firewall" as per the migration guide?

11. MS SBS 2000 + DSL: ISA firewall, external firewall, or both?

12. Firewall (ISA client or WinXP firewall)

13. ICW shows no Proxy Setup options