Exchange server not starting

Post by Jackie Zahle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

After having reinstalled SBS and changed the administrator password to
Blank or null ( as indicated in the documentation ) my Exchange server
is not starting ( cannot found the server SIP01 ) , Is this because of
password change  or what can I do ( reinstalll Exchange??)
Thanks

Exchange server not starting

Post by Manuel Orteg » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

When you changed the password either on the console or User Manager for
Domains the Echange Server did not made the change as well.  I still do not
know if Exchange synchronizes it automatically or you have to do it
manually.

To do it manually, you need to go to Services in Control Panel and find all
Echange Services which should be stopped.  Double click on each of them and
you will find a window with several fields where one of them indicates which
account the service uses to log on and the password for that account.
Change the password on each of the services to the working password and ok
your way out.  Then try starting the services.  That should do it!!

Manuel Ortega
OFINet
www.ofinet.com

>After having reinstalled SBS and changed the administrator password to
>Blank or null ( as indicated in the documentation ) my Exchange server
>is not starting ( cannot found the server SIP01 ) , Is this because of
>password change  or what can I do ( reinstalll Exchange??)
>Thanks

1. Help - Exchange Server Not Starting

Hi All,

I have just inherited another SBS 4.5 Machine that was never setup
correctly.  I have rectified the server and everything is now OK except for
Exchange Server.

The Service will not start and when I try to administer the Exchange server,
I have a message that there is no server present.  I did not know that it
was possible to setup SBS whithout installing an Exchange Server.

Does anyone have any suggestios?

Thanks
George Skarentzos

2. Event ID 1000 and 1202 Messages May Occur Every Five Minutes on the Domain Contr

3. Do not start Exchange service at start up

4. SVGA install makes desktop icons too small

5. Exchange server System Attendant does not start

6. OLUG to Comp.sys.ti

7. Exchange system attendant service does not start when reboot server

8. Extracting Subtotals Only

9. Exchange SMTP virtual server not starting aftyer re-boot

10. Exchange SMTP will not start...suggestions please..

11. Exchange Internet Mail not dialling immediately after starting

12. MS Exchange Internet Mail Service not starting

13. Exchange service does not start...