XP printer drivers for SBS

Post by Jeff » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:04:36

How can I install printer drivers for Windows XP clients
on my SBS 2000 server

XP printer drivers for SBS

Post by Jeff » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:04:30

How can I install printer drivers for Windows XP clients
on my SBS 2000 server

XP printer drivers for SBS

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 14:04:30

My XP clients either use the Win2k driver or if they must have the XP
driver I'm loading it manually on the workstation that needs to connect
to an specific IP attached printer.

Susan

> How can I install printer drivers for Windows XP clients
> on my SBS 2000 server

XP printer drivers for SBS

Post by Chris Leech, MC » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 06:10:14

I posed this very same question to MS PSS three weeks ago. After more than 5
days their response was as follows:

How to Add Printers with No User Interaction in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q314486

and boy did I p*ss myself laughing (although my client didn't find it at all
amusing when I explained the situation).

Glad to see the boys (and girls) at Redmond are thinking ahead as usual. Its
absolutely incredible that you cannot add to the list of OS types that can
be automatically distributed - even funnier that they didn't even think to
include support for their own future OSes.

--
Chris Leech
(MCP)

Quote:> How can I install printer drivers for Windows XP clients
> on my SBS 2000 server

1. Win printer driver name for GhostScript driver

Hi,

I succesfully installed GhostScript 7.0 on Linux 2.4.10 with hpijs0.97
driver for my HP DJ640C and I decided to select the
'Apple Color LaserWriter 12/600' for printing from Windows 2K
with Samba 2.2.0.

Everything seems to work fine except that I get on the end of my printed
documents an additional page with something like: