Marraige causes me problems

Post by Graham La » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:36:05

This has got to be common one but I have failed to find info on it so far...

How do I change the usename of a newly married woman on our SBS4.5 system
without setting up a new user.

Help much appreciated

Graham Law
Leicestershire
UK

Marraige causes me problems

Post by Mariette Knap [MS MVP » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:13:09

Someone wrote a long time ago that it should a company policy not to get
married because that causes too much trouble but maybe this URL will help:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=married%20user%20sbs&as_ugroup=*...
z*

--
Bye
Mariette Knap MS MVP

Quote:> This has got to be common one but I have failed to find info on it so
far...

> How do I change the usename of a newly married woman on our SBS4.5 system
> without setting up a new user.

> Help much appreciated

> Graham Law
> Leicestershire
> UK

Marraige causes me problems

Post by Steve Foste » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:20:28

You can alter her name for email in the Exchange Administrator. Highlight
mailbox in Recipients & click Properties.

If her username includes part or all of the surname, then you might want to
rename her account in User Manager for Domains. This will change how she
logs on. You should also update the Full Name entry against her account.
Note that the home directory must be unshared, renamed, re-shared, and if
anyone has a shortcut to it, they will stop working.

Steve Foster

Quote:> This has got to be common one but I have failed to find info on it so
far...

> How do I change the usename of a newly married woman on our SBS4.5 system
> without setting up a new user.

> Help much appreciated

> Graham Law
> Leicestershire
> UK

Marraige causes me problems

Post by Mal Osborn » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:03:43

In my experience, DIVORCED women seem to place a far greater importance on
thier user name changing.

--
Mal Osborne
MCSE MVP Mensa

Quote:> This has got to be common one but I have failed to find info on it so
far...

> How do I change the usename of a newly married woman on our SBS4.5 system
> without setting up a new user.

> Help much appreciated

> Graham Law
> Leicestershire
> UK

1. UPS causing modem problem?

If a modem were placed right next to a UPS, could the UPS interfere with the
modem in any way?

I posted a message yesterday about receiving proxy server error 64 and this
problem is something that has escalated in the past few weeks. It has
occurred to me today that a few weeks ago our maintenance man did some work
in the server room and after he was finished the modem was left next to the
UPS. I have moved the UPS away from the modem today and there seems to be an
improvement already, although because the problem has been intermittent this
could be coincidence.

Can somebody confirm whether the UPS could have been causing a problem with
the modem? If a UPS can affect a modem, can any permanent damage be caused
to the modem over a period of time?

Thanks,
Andrew Stevens.

2. 1084s Dead Monitor 4 Sale

3. Gave up on 4.5 but Store.exe causing problems on 4.0

4. virus

5. Static IP Address Causing Problems?

6. Who the !@#!@ cares about Snow White and the !@#!@ seven dwarves??!?!?!?!??!?!

7. partial POP3 downloads causing problems

8. FAQ v0.01

9. Trend Clie/Svr/Msg suite - not using IP causes what problems exactly?

10. SP2 caused major problems

11. external site causing domain name problems

12. Connection to ISP... XP workstation causing problems?

13. Remote VPN connection causes Firewall Client problem on local network