Phonebook Settings disappear and I have to reinstall INS file

Phonebook Settings disappear and I have to reinstall INS file

Post by bwild » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

HELP! - I am having problems with SBS 4.0 and my phone book disappearing, in
affect disableing my exchange server - also how does one find out about
service packs for SBS - We are using a Dell Server with SBS preinstalled

Bill

1. Having trouble setting permissions for samba shared file system

Hello,

        I have tried changing the "create mode" value in the
        smb.conf file and have had some very strange results.

        Samba is running on a Solaris 2.5 (SPARC 20) and I am
        mounting the shared file system called "frank" on a
        Windows95 client.

        I want all file created in "frank" to have the following
        permissions:

        -rwxrwx---

        I have tried every permutation and conbination of numbers
        I could think of, with no luck.

        Is the "create mode" value being logically ored with something
        else?

        Is the "create mode" value a mask or something?

        This is my entry in the smb.conf for "frank":

        [frank]
                path = /m/a/projects/share/frank
                public = no
                writable = yes
                printable = no
                create mode = 0770

        Thanks for you help in advance.

                                        Frank Reeves

                                        (301) 854-5386

2. Help It compiles, but won't make an .exe

3. Outlook having messages appear and then disappear?

4. CSVDE.EXE

5. Disappearing files and folders when using Explorer to move files to Samba server

6. Apple IIgs Operating Systems

7. I am having a problem setting up the fax service.

8. Geoworks Ensemble?

9. Demon INS files

10. INS file download problems

11. Help !! ISP/ INS file possibly corrupt ?

12. Sample INS-file for Small Business Server

13. I am having trouble setting up VPN.