Changing User Shared Folders disk

Post by Mats Hagne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi!
I have installed a new disk on my SBS server and I  have moved the Users
Shared Folders directory to the new disk.

Since I would like to be able to use the SBS console to create new users in
the future I have to make the console aware of the fact that new users
shared folders should be created under Users Shared Folders on the new disk.

Does anyone know where I can set that up ?

Answers appreciated.

Regards
Mats Hagner

Changing User Shared Folders disk

Post by Thomas Aronse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It is said (and confirmed) that this is hard coded, so I don't think you are
able to change any settings.

We are using this work-around, found here in this news-group. It works as
long as you create a "dummy" c:\Users Shared Folders with subdirectories for
every user. I run this batch-file every time a new user is added. In
addition I run it automatically every time the server reboots:

d:
cd\
cd "Users Shared folders"
for /d %%a in (*.*) do md "C:\Users Shared Folders"\%%a
c:

Good luck.
Remove the capital letters from my e-mail address...

Thomas

Mats Hagner skrev i meldingen ...

Quote:>Hi!

Post by Alexander Mattausc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi!
> I have installed a new disk on my SBS server and I  have moved the Users
> Shared Folders directory to the new disk.

> Since I would like to be able to use the SBS console to create new users in
> the future I have to make the console aware of the fact that new users
> shared folders should be created under Users Shared Folders on the new disk.

> Does anyone know where I can set that up ?

Move the complete "Users shared folders"-dir with all shares and
permissions to the new disk, but leave the directory structure without
data (needs not to be shared) on drive C:. For every new user you'll
also have to create an empty directory for the user in the directory
tree on C: manually (i.e. your directory structure in "Users shared
folders" on C: has to mirror that one on your new drive.). You need this
for SCW to work.

Alex Mattausch