how can I find the number of users I am licenced for?

how can I find the number of users I am licenced for?

Post by mike » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:20:54

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to check the number of CAL and Exchange users
I am licenced for  on an SBS4.5   exchange 5.5  system.

Thanks In Advance
Mike

how can I find the number of users I am licenced for?

Post by Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:47:49

if you open the SBS console, and do the Help > About SBS it will give you the information

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Please DO NOT email me directly but respond only in the newsgroup so that all can benefit.

Post by Steve Foster [SBS MVP » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:05:55

> Hi,

> Can someone tell me how to check the number of CAL and Exchange users
> I am licenced for  on an SBS4.5   exchange 5.5  system.

> Thanks In Advance
> Mike

In the SBS Console, find the About link.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

how can I find the number of users I am licenced for?

Post by mike » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:45:06

This shows the basic licence, but not a separate one for Exchange,  or
does it mean that it only has a 5 user exchange licence?

If only 5 user how does that work with exchange?

TIA
Mike
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:47:49 -0500, "Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]"

>if you open the SBS console, and do the Help > About SBS it will give you the information

how can I find the number of users I am licenced for?

Post by Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:31:28

The licenses for Small Business Server provide a CAL for each server app on SBS

so if you just have the basic SBS and have not purchased additional cals, you have 5 cals

5 for Windows NT Server
5 for Exchange
5 for Proxy Server
5 for SQL Server
etc

You can purchase additional CALS for SBS but not for each server app.  In other words you can't just up the Exchange CALs.

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Please DO NOT email me directly but respond only in the newsgroup so that all can benefit.

  This shows the basic licence, but not a separate one for Exchange,  or
  does it mean that it only has a 5 user exchange licence?

  If only 5 user how does that work with exchange?

  TIA
  Mike
  On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:47:49 -0500, "Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]"

  >if you open the SBS console, and do the Help > About SBS it will give you the information

how can I find the number of users I am licenced for?

Post by mike » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:23:23

Thanks  now I understand

mike

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:31:28 -0500, "Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]"

>The licenses for Small Business Server provide a CAL for each server app on SBS

>so if you just have the basic SBS and have not purchased additional cals, you have 5 cals

>5 for Windows NT Server
>5 for Exchange
>5 for Proxy Server
>5 for SQL Server
>etc

>You can purchase additional CALS for SBS but not for each server app.  In other words you can't just up the Exchange CALs.

1. Number of logged users vs. number of Exchange users

Hi,

I'm encountering a situation in SBS 4.5 (w/ 25 clients) in which the number
of logged-on network users does not match the number of Exchange users.
There always seems to be 4 to 5 more Exchange users than logged-on users.
We are running Outlook 2000 as the e-mail client.  For example:  Server
reports that there are 18 connected users (all users have Outlook running on
there machines) but Exchange server reports 22 users.  Can anyone explain
the discrepancy between the numbers.  Is the discrepancy "normal"?

Any help or hints would appreciated in resolving or explaining the
differences between the two reports.  TIA

J. Canon

2. Oracle and two phase commit protocol

3. Finding User Role if I am a member of group

4. BBC / Acorn Kit FREE!!!

5. Number of clients exceed the number of licenses

6. blinking cursor?

7. Max number of Licensed Users

8. SQLCommand parameters for SP - does the datatype of the value matter?

9. exceeding licence number of users?

10. I am looking for the NBFW and I cant find it..

11. MENPKKMKID *** I AM THE TROLL - I AM YOUR BENEVOLENT LEADER *** p5ugFo6RNw0

12. ZTBARCAXLN *** I AM THE TROLL - I AM YOUR BENEVOLENT LEADER *** ciS16ptt

13. I am RTFMing and I am confuzed about NetBIOS Group Resource Types