Preventing Hotmail Use

Post by Anthon » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:29:53

Hi Cedric

Try blocking the external mail sites via ISA

Regards

Anthony Pender

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Does anyone know whether it is possible to prevent use of
>Hotmail (or similar) by users on an SBS 2000 network?  If
>yes, what settings are required?

>I want to ensure users only use Outlook for sending and
>receiving E-mail, not someone else's system
>or "unofficial" E-mail addresses.

>Best regards

>Cedric Gent
>.

Preventing Hotmail Use

Post by Mal Osborn » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 23:40:58

The "or similar" is a bit of an ask. Blocking Hotmail would be possible, but
the thousands of "or similars" would be unmanagable.

Mal Osborne
MCSE MVP Mensa

Quote:> Does anyone know whether it is possible to prevent use of
> Hotmail (or similar) by users on an SBS 2000 network?  If
> yes, what settings are required?

> I want to ensure users only use Outlook for sending and
> receiving E-mail, not someone else's system
> or "unofficial" E-mail addresses.

> Best regards

> Cedric Gent

1. Preventing Hotmail Use

http://www.isaserver.org/authors/magalhaes/tutorials/denying%20access...

That site is a how to to block going to the web site....but Outlook XP
supports hotmail as a supported mail protocol.  If there is a way to
hack into Outlook XP and prevent that....I have no clue.  That's a
question for the Outlook MVPs

Susan

2. MULTIDOS versus Windows 3.1 versus OS 2 for multitasking

3. Sedning email to Hotmail and using terminal server

4. How to minimize server memory?

5. Can I download Hotmail messages using POP3 Connector

6. Howto DATE -> struct tm?

7. How to prevent Proxy using RAS to access the Internet?

8. copying printer profile to default user

9. Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

10. preventing "authors" to modify the site using frontpage - possible ?

11. (Q267879) Directory Service Client Prevents Outlook 2000 from Using "None"

12. pop hotmail

13. troubles with hotmail and SBS2000