Introducting W2K Terminal Server to SBS2003 network

Introducting W2K Terminal Server to SBS2003 network

Post by KS » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 23:26:03

Is there a walk through available?
I've tried introducing the W2K Termianl Server to the LAN and setup a Server
publishing rule in ISA2000 but the SBS2003 still captures RDP on port 3389
from the external IP.

Can anyone help please?

Karl

Post by Steve Foster [SBS MVP » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 04:09:30

>Is there a walk through available?
>I've tried introducing the W2K Termianl Server to the LAN and setup a
>Server publishing rule in ISA2000 but the SBS2003 still captures RDP on
>port 3389 from the external IP.

>Can anyone help please?

a) If you have SBS2003 Premium, you should have ordered the SP1 media kit
and moved up to ISA2004.
b) SBS2003 issues are best discussed in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs.
c) When the CEICW was/is run, did you select to expose the SBS via
Terminal Services (I'd bet yes) - if so, untick it and try again.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Introducting W2K Terminal Server to SBS2003 network

Post by SuperGumby [SBS MVP » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:50:18

just to throw in

Even should you not publish SBS via the CEICW, TS on the SBS will still (I
believe) be listening on 3389, so you need to follow the standard MS KB
about publishing a TS through ISA when TS is active on the ISA itself.

However, you would be better served using RWW's 'Connect to my company's
Application Server'.

and as Steve mentions, the question would be better asked in
microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

>>Is there a walk through available?
>>I've tried introducing the W2K Termianl Server to the LAN and setup a
>>Server publishing rule in ISA2000 but the SBS2003 still captures RDP on
>>port 3389 from the external IP.

>>Can anyone help please?

> a) If you have SBS2003 Premium, you should have ordered the SP1 media kit
> and moved up to ISA2004.
> b) SBS2003 issues are best discussed in
> microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs.
> c) When the CEICW was/is run, did you select to expose the SBS via
> Terminal Services (I'd bet yes) - if so, untick it and try again.

> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Introducting W2K Terminal Server to SBS2003 network

Post by KS » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:44:53

Thanks for the input guys,

Will upgrade to SBS2003 SP1 and ISA2004, then look at the problem again.
I've found a walkthough for Publishing a TS behing SBS2003 (ISA2004)
firewall, so I should be ok now.

Thanks!

Karl

1. Terminal Server NT 4.0 and SBS2003

I planning on upgrading my SBS4.5 to SBS2003 but I am concerned about
whether my other server which runs Terminal Server NT4.0 is going to
work and if I am going to run into any licensing issues. All my clients
access their email and SQL database that is on the SBS server through
the terminal server. Any thought on this?? Upgrading both servers at
the same would cause to much downtime.

2. NetPoint TTS

3. SBS 4.5 + W2K SERVER + TERMINAL SERVICE

4. 64MB SIMMs

5. SBS 4.5 & W2K Terminal Server

6. About win 2000

7. W2K or W2003 Terminal Server together with SBS4.5

8. Schematics?

9. SBS2000 and W2K Terminal Server Licensing Issue

10. Terminal services will not run in w2k server

11. W2K Terminal Server Samba Connection Problems

12. sbs2000 with separate terminal server and RDP to terminal server outside lan

13. issue with network scavenge on w2k in hetrogeneous nt4 2k network