NT Backup and long file names

Post by Ken Thompso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

would this work?

ntbackup backup "d:\Users Shared Folders" /a /t normal /d User Data /l

Quote:> d:\data.log /e

KT

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Mariett » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:13:33

Hi,

I try to make batch files for backing up my data. When I try to backup
"Users Shared Folders" it gives an error stating that a command is not
valid. When I change the name of the folder I want to backup in the DOS name
everything goes well. Why is this?

This is the command line:

ntbackup backup d:\userss~1 /a /t normal /d User Data /l d:\data.log /e
(This works)

ntbackup backup d:\Users Shared Folders /a /t normal /d User Data /l
d:\data.log /e (This fails)

Bye
Mariette

NT Backup and long file names

Post by Mariett » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> would this work?

> ntbackup backup "d:\Users Shared Folders" /a /t normal /d User Data /l
> > d:\data.log /e

Yep, thanks!

> KT

> > Hi,

> > I try to make batch files for backing up my data. When I try to backup
> > "Users Shared Folders" it gives an error stating that a command is not
> > valid. When I change the name of the folder I want to backup in the DOS
> name
> > everything goes well. Why is this?

> > This is the command line:

> > ntbackup backup d:\userss~1 /a /t normal /d User Data /l d:\data.log /e
> > (This works)

> > ntbackup backup d:\Users Shared Folders /a /t normal /d User Data /l
> > d:\data.log /e (This fails)

> > Bye
> > Mariette

1. Long file names with 16 bit apps, Samba and NT

Hi,

I seem to have a very strange problem, when I run 16bit apps
under NT they cannot see any files on my Samba server (SunOS4)
that are more that 8.3 long.

This is a *real* pain, I have tried messing with config options
but to no avail. This is killing us here :-(, any hints would
be appreciated.

Harry

2. DOS Applications

3. long file names with NT 4.0

4. Zoom 14.4K modem + old SUN-4/110

5. Long file names and windows NT

6. Sorting

7. Long file names with NT 3.5

8. Re^2: MiNT Distribution Kit V2.0

9. Lanman2 protocol/NT long file names

10. NT Backup - retreiving from backup file

11. Executing Long File Names

12. Extracting long file names problem.

13. Netware Distribution Servers can not handle source with long file names