Shared Modem - modem not functional on client pc

Shared Modem - modem not functional on client pc

Post by Nits » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:18:03

When I setup Shared modem client on my pc it instas fine.
And then I go threw the steps to map the port to the modem
pool and then install the modem. That all works fine...but
after the reboot when I check the modem properties it says
that it is Not Functional.

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

1. Modem Sharing: Modem pools not visible on client ports

When I add a port to a client machine, it does not offer the option of a
local or remote port, even though modem sharing is enabled. The port seems
to dial out ok even though nothing is shown in the port window. All clients
at NT4, SP5. The SBS server is 4.5, SP4

I've had this before a long time ago. I remembered something about the
Service Pack overwrites a key SBS file that shows this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mike

2. what is the speed of the ehternet using coaxial cable (base2 or base5)?

3. PC + Modem <--> Modem + PC (Internet)

4. eBay: Model 1060 'Sidecar' Accessory

5. Modem Sharing: Can't access server modem from Client

6. Epson 1270 and USB

7. SBS Shared Modem + IE4 uses shared modem AND Proxy Dial-out!?%$

8. DOS Networking Question

9. Fax Sharing/Modem Sharing with one modem

10. Can Proxy share modems with Modem Sharing?

11. Cannot install MS Shared Modem Service Client Software on *certain* PCs

12. I got a cable modem I got a cable modem I got a cable modem

13. Modems for Fax server and Modem sharing