URGENT - PLEASE HELP ME !- Win95 fax client can′t add fax driver

URGENT - PLEASE HELP ME !- Win95 fax client can′t add fax driver

Post by z » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Before my boss fired me, because i cant setup fax server client drivers, i
claim for your help.

I use SBS 4.5 spanish version so i try to translate the messages to english.

On Win98 client,  in Control Panel, Fax Client, General tab, Add fax
printer, i add \\ntserver\fax (Wich is the real name of the Fax server
printer in my SBS 4.5 server)

when click on accept button appears the message:

cant add the printer \\ntserver\fax
addprinter
dont know the driver of the printer.

On SBS 4.5 server, when i want to install alternative driver in Control
Panel, Printers, Fax (this is the name of the printer),  properties menu,
share tab, there is a list box with a message: You can install alternative
drivers for users with the following operating system: WinNT (installed),
Win95 and other OS (not installed)
IF i select Win95 OS appears the message:
Is not possible to install alternative driver, dont know the printer
driver.

Ive been searching in Microsoft KB, but nothing.
I reinstalled 2 times the server and several times the client software but i
cant figure where the win95 driver for the fax printer is.

Please help me.

Leonardo Jaikin
Mendoza - Argentina

URGENT - PLEASE HELP ME !- Win95 fax client can′t add fax driver

Post by Grey Lancaster [MS MVP » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You should not have to do any of the things you are doing.  Sounds like the
first problem is the server.  And I am not sure how to uninstall it
anymore/with 4.5?

Let me see what  I can find out.

--
Grey
MVP SBS

> Before my boss fired me, because i cant setup fax server client drivers,
> claim for your help.

> I use SBS 4.5 spanish version so i try to translate the messages to
english.

> On Win98 client,  in Control Panel, Fax Client, General tab, Add fax
> printer, i add \\ntserver\fax (Wich is the real name of the Fax server
> printer in my SBS 4.5 server)

> when click on accept button appears the message:

> cant add the printer \\ntserver\fax
> addprinter
> dont know the driver of the printer.

> On SBS 4.5 server, when i want to install alternative driver in Control
> Panel, Printers, Fax (this is the name of the printer),  properties menu,
> share tab, there is a list box with a message: You can install alternative
> drivers for users with the following operating system: WinNT (installed),
> Win95 and other OS (not installed)
> IF i select Win95 OS appears the message:
> Is not possible to install alternative driver, dont know the printer
> driver.

> Ive been searching in Microsoft KB, but nothing.
> I reinstalled 2 times the server and several times the client software but
> cant figure where the win95 driver for the fax printer is.

> Please help me.

> Leonardo Jaikin
> Mendoza - Argentina

URGENT - PLEASE HELP ME !- Win95 fax client can′t add fax driver

Post by Marek Beltowsk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hmm.. Why didn't you SBS Console -> More Tasks  -> manage Computers -> Add
Software to a Computer? Maybe it's not too late..

Marek Beltowski
http://www.micropol.com.au
"Internet Solutions for Home and Business"

URGENT - PLEASE HELP ME !- Win95 fax client can′t add fax driver

Post by z » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi.
Ive been modifying the win98 registry and now i can send faxes from client
workstation.
The problem is i still need schedule faxes to send in economics rates at
night, and i havent found how to do it.
If i try to install install the printer with the Control Panel, Fax Client,
it still show me:

Quote:> > cant add the printer \\ntserver\fax
> > addprinter
> > dont know the driver of the printer.

Ive been looking for the SBS server registry and ive found that there is
not any entries for Windows 4.0 print drivers in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windo
ws 4.0\Drivers\
but ther is several entries for the ...\Windows NT x86\Drivers\  .
There isnt drivers for other OS like Windows NT PowerPC or Windows NT R4000
neither.

Maybe you (or somebody) can help me to modify the Server registry to
manually configure the drivers i need on the servers so i can install and
configure fax client scheduling.

Thank you very much.

Leonardo Jaikin
Mendoza - Argentina

> You should not have to do any of the things you are doing.  Sounds like
the
> first problem is the server.  And I am not sure how to uninstall it
> anymore/with 4.5?

> Let me see what  I can find out.

> --
> Grey
> MVP SBS
> http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/sbs.htm  SBS FAQ/TIPS
> http://www.smallbizserver.com:8080/  SBS WebBoard
> Set NetMeeting to use www.smallbizserver.com as your directory locator
> service
> http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  For the SBS Listserv
> instructions

> > Before my boss fired me, because i cant setup fax server client
drivers,
> > claim for your help.

> > I use SBS 4.5 spanish version so i try to translate the messages to
> english.

> > On Win98 client,  in Control Panel, Fax Client, General tab, Add fax
> > printer, i add \\ntserver\fax (Wich is the real name of the Fax server
> > printer in my SBS 4.5 server)

> > when click on accept button appears the message:

> > cant add the printer \\ntserver\fax
> > addprinter
> > dont know the driver of the printer.

> > On SBS 4.5 server, when i want to install alternative driver in Control
> > Panel, Printers, Fax (this is the name of the printer),  properties
menu,
> > share tab, there is a list box with a message: You can install
alternative
> > drivers for users with the following operating system: WinNT
(installed),
> > Win95 and other OS (not installed)
> > IF i select Win95 OS appears the message:
> > Is not possible to install alternative driver, dont know the printer
> > driver.

> > Ive been searching in Microsoft KB, but nothing.
> > I reinstalled 2 times the server and several times the client software
but
> > cant figure where the win95 driver for the fax printer is.

> > Please help me.

> > Leonardo Jaikin
> > Mendoza - Argentina

1. How to add Alpha client Fax driver to an x86 SBS?

I have a Proliant running SBS 4.5. I have installed the Fax service and
successfully installed the Fax client on our x86 Workstations. But we have
Alpha Workstations, too, and the "Fax printer" doesn't seem to be able to
add drivers for other platforms like you can with other printers (on the
Sharing tab on the Properties page).

I know the Alpha client exists, since it's included on the Alpha version of
SBS in MSDN. The problem is how to get it installed on my x86 SBS so my
Alpha Workstations can download it?

2. Wyse 60 emulation

3. Can't clear the fax received and fax sent reports, anybody help please?

4. FP2002 tutorials

5. Fax Client sends corrupted faxes to server and then cannot send further faxes

6. Windows 2000 Client Won't Install

7. Unable to fax from Outlook (Contacts) using Fax client /MS Fax

8. Running XP Compatability program on WIN98-SE

9. Install fax driver (as a printer) on Win95

10. Win95 Fax Client Printer Problem. Help!

11. "Corrupted fax data from 16-bit clients" when using WIN98 fax client

12. How can I import older Win95-faxes into a SBS 4.5 fax-solution?

13. Seeting Up Win95 FAx Service Through SBS Shared Fax