Is my hidden surface algorithm novel?

Post by Reto Korad » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Because none of the text book (Foley et al., Newman, etc.) algorithms
that I found satisfied my requirements, I "invented" my own. It's quite
different from the ones I saw so far.

Now my problem is that I'd like to know whether I really found out
something new. I doubt it, somebody must have done something similar.
My primary research field is not graphics algorithms, I'm more a
"user" of algorithms. Therefore I'm not really up to date with the
literature. If somebody with a better overview in that field would
be ready to give me advice, please contact me by e-mail. You can use

Sorry for not describing the algorithm here in public, but you
might understand that I want to publish it myself in case it's
new and interesting.
--
Reto Koradi

1. Hidden surface removal algorithm

Assume we have a polygonal scene.

1/ What's the best hidden surface removal algorithm wich work in the
   object space.

2/ Where can I find the code of these algorithms ? (in particular
   Weiler-Atherton's algo.)

87068 LIMOGES Cedex            URL: http://w3.ensil.unilim.fr/~hasen
FRANCE                       Phone: +33 555.423.685 Fax: +33 555.423.680

2. Are there and PD sources for JPEG algorithms?

3. Newell's Hidden Surface Removal Algorithm

4. GLAux and Delphi

5. Fastest precise hidden-line/surface algorithm ?

6. Attention Web Designers!

7. New Hidden Surface Removal Algorithm

8. Head modelling

9. Help with HIDDEN SURFACE ALGORITHM

10. warnock's surface hiding algorithm

11. Hidden surface removal algorithm.

12. Hidden surface algorithm for dynamic 3d objects

13. Which hidden-surface-removal algorithm is best?