rec.games.programmers?

Post by Klaus Petzol » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

Klaus

rec.games.programmers?

Post by James Brow » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Seems fine on my server (*)

>Hi,

>does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
>I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

>Klaus

rec.games.programmers?

Post by Filip Questi » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I can't get any messages either.

rec.games.programmers?

Post by Ashley Fry » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

says...

Quote:> Hi,

> does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
> I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

It's still temporarily alive on some servers, but everyone has moved to a
new group.  Check out the comp.games.development.* heirarchy.  That's
where everyone went.  :-)

ashley

rec.games.programmers?

Post by Sascha Of » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Klaus Petzold schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>Hi,

>does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
>I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

>Klaus

I just checked T-Online: "Not Available"

Maybe the group doesn't exist any longer due to
comp.games.development.*

rec.games.programmers?

Post by Ron Hile » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Klaus Petzold schrieb in Nachricht

> >Hi,

> >does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
> >I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

> >Klaus

> I just checked T-Online: "Not Available"

> Maybe the group doesn't exist any longer due to
> comp.games.development.*

It works on my end.  I'll be really upset if they remove it altogether.
For one thing, I don't get the comp.games.development.* hierarchy.  For
another, I think r.g.p. has improved tremendously since the split (no
flame wars!), and I don't want to switch over now.  Keep all the flamers
over there, and leave me my ng!

Ron
--
What happens when Sim-City, Stars!, and Civilization collide?
"Manifest Destiny" - the race for world domination.

rec.games.programmers?

Post by Sascha Of » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> It works on my end.  I'll be really upset if they remove it
altogether.
> For one thing, I don't get the comp.games.development.* hierarchy.
For
> another, I think r.g.p. has improved tremendously since the split
(no
> flame wars!), and I don't want to switch over now.  Keep all the
flamers
> over there, and leave me my ng!

Hmmm...so you get r.g.p. but *not* c.g.d.*?!
Strange - very strange indeed...
Maybe a * :-)

---
Sascha Offe (ISP: T-Online, ~2.3 Mio. customers)

rec.games.programmers?

Post by TTA » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
>I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

the name of the group is rec.games.programmer
(not programmerS)

Greetz

Torsten

rec.games.programmers?

Post by James Sharma » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>>does anyone know what is wrong with rec.games.programmers?
>>I tryed two news-servers and on both no message were available.

>the name of the group is rec.games.programmer
>(not programmerS)

Ahh,  the good old entirely factual but entirely useless reply :)

Klaus,

The users of r.g.p voted on the creation of a new newsgroup heirachy to
replace rec.games.programmer. Look for the newsgroups
comp.games.development.programming.misc &
comp.games.development.programming.algorithms which directly replace r.g.p

A newsgroup deletion message was sent out for rec.games.programmer and any
servers that still cary it are behind the times.

James,

rec.games.programmers?

Post by TTA » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>A newsgroup deletion message was sent out for rec.games.programmer and any
>servers that still cary it are behind the times.

oops, sorry , I didn't know that. I've just subscribed to rec.games.programmer
a few days ago and there are still >100 new messages every day.
But there are no informations about the deletion of the r.p.g. or something
like that.

I'll now subscribe to the groups you mentioned.

Thanks for the information

Torsten

rec.games.programmers?

Post by TTA » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>comp.games.development.programming.misc &
>comp.games.development.programming.algorithms which directly replace r.g.p

These groups doesn't exist (say's the  AOL-Newsreader).
There are only
comp.games.developement.art
comp.games.developement.design
comp.games.developement.industry
comp.games.developement.programming

which contains exactly 0 messages.

There are also not listed (but searchable) at Deja news.

So i continuing reading the good old rec.games.programmer, because it's the
only news group which is alive for game developers at the moment :o)

Greetings from Germany

Torsten

Author:   David C Lawrence

Date: 1998/09/21
Forums: rec.games.programmer
------

rec.games.programmer has been superseded by
comp.games.development.programming.misc, an unmoderated newsgroup which passed
its vote for creation by 143:24 as reported in news.announce.newgroups on
17 Jul 1998.

rec.games.programmers?

Post by Tom Plunk » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> These groups doesn't exist (say's the  AOL-Newsreader).

...and we all know that AOL is always right.  :)

FWIW, I read r.g.p and it still gets a lot of traffic.

tom

--

video game/3D Studio geek
Eidetic, Inc.                                      +1 541-383-2410 phone

      "...'cause I'd only ever want to be a toilet or a tree
       for a very brief period of time."       -King Missile