polygon within polygon

Post by Xiao Ding Da » Sat, 18 Nov 1995 04:00:00

hello all,

could anyone direct me to any algos/codes on:
determining whether a polygon is within a polygon??

i only thot of checking the vertices of one polygon to see if it's a
point on the other polygon...
but problem is i hv arbitrary numbers of polygon...so how would i make
the comparisons...

thank you

yy

1. Polygon within Polygon

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to the following problem...

I have a polygon and I want to find a second polygon which sits inside the
first polygon, all sides of which are parallel to the first polygon but are
offset by a certain distance.

The solution I've been thinking about involves determining the lines
bounding the first polygon, finding the parallel offset lines of the second
polygon and intersecting them to determine the points of intersection.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of any source code that
solves this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

2. GNUPLOT update

3. Polygon (or point) within an arbitrary polygon

4. Spider Animation Question

5. Check a polygon whether it intersects or within another polygon

6. about openGL

7. How to find a 2D polygon lies within another polygon

8. ActivationDelay = ?

9. Fitting n Polygons into within a Polygon

10. Finding a point within a polygon

11. Bug in material changes within polygons

12. Point within a polygon

13. point within polygon?