Good 3D Programming book?

Post by Volker Braue » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Dear Algorithmer's,

I'm looking for a good (printed) introduction in 3d graphics
programing. It should cover the following topics:

- basic 3d geometry (transalation, rotation...)
- basic mathematics like matrix manipulation
- representation methods for 3d objects (data(base) structures)
- texture mapping, pseudo realistic visualization
- an introduction in animation

The reader of the book should be able to autodidactally learn
3d programing techniques, so some code examples in C or Pascal
would be useful.

Thanks in advance for all recommendations

Volker Brauer
Uni Bremen, Germany

Good 3D Programming book?

Post by Nj?l Ei » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Dear Algorithmer's,
>I'm looking for a good (printed) introduction in 3d graphics
>programing. It should cover the following topics:
>- basic 3d geometry (transalation, rotation...)
>- basic mathematics like matrix manipulation
>- representation methods for 3d objects (data(base) structures)
>- texture mapping, pseudo realistic visualization
>- an introduction in animation
>The reader of the book should be able to autodidactally learn
>3d programing techniques, so some code examples in C or Pascal
>would be useful.

I think 'Black art of 3-D Game Programming" is exactly what you are
looking for. It's published bye 'Waite Group' and is a real
heavy-weight of about 1000 pages. I have found this book very good.
Unlike most other books that goes into some depth, this book is
understandable, clear and consize. Examples is in C and inline
assembly and  is tested on both Borland and Microsoft compilers
(should work on most others as well), and is supplied on the
accompaning CD.

NjE

1. 3D Programming books (formerly Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books)

I too have heard that 3D Computer Graphics by Alan Watt is a good book,
and I will probably purchase it.

The Problem I have with Computer Graphics Principles and Practicies is
that I just do not have the mathematical skills behind me to understand a

lot of the notation used and a lot of things.  I have purchased book on
Linear Algebra, and several on geometry, but they do not help me with
understanding the notation that is used.  I am in Grade 12 of High
School, and an excellent math student, maybe you could recomend a book
that might help me learn some of the notation used in books like this?
This fact has kept me from purchasing 3D Computer Graphics early, but I
guess i'll bite the bullet and get it.

Can anyone else out there recomend good books on either 3D Graphics, or
Mathematics that might help me, and other people out?

See ya later!

-----------------
End Communication

2. TImageList (?) problems when upgrading to Delphi 5??

3. Searching for good books on 3D-Programming

4. Snakes: FTP site correction

5. best 3D Studio Max books (was Re: 3d Studio Max)

6. furry

7. Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books

8. PS 5.5 : problem with erasor tool in quick mask mode

9. Best instructional graphics programming book?

10. Good books on GL programming??

11. The BEST Graphics programming book?

12. Good Introductory Book on Graphics Programming.