Generating Random Fractal Terrain, with source code

Generating Random Fractal Terrain, with source code

Post by Bob Pendlet » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

A new article titled "Generating Random Fractal Terrain" by Paul
Martz, has been posted on
http://gameprogrammer.com/fractal/fractal.html. As always full source
code and a runable demo are available for free download.

Please forward this message to anyone you think will be interested in
it.

                Bob P.

Post by Carl Burk » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> A new article titled "Generating Random Fractal Terrain" by Paul
> Martz, has been posted on
> http://gameprogrammer.com/fractal/fractal.html. As always full source
> code and a runable demo are available for free download.

> Please forward this message to anyone you think will be interested in
> it.

Very nice page, with a readable description of the algorithm.
I can't vouch for the code, because I haven't run it yet.
I've added a pointer to this page to my terrain page at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6902/terrain.html .
Hope this article stays around for a while.

My opinions are mine and mine alone, unless you
agree with them.  Then I'll share.
"Chicks are attracted to harbingers of doom.
 It's a known given fact." - Mike "Dreamy" Sphar

1. generating a random Fractal Terrain with Mathcad

hi,

I'm very interessted in generating a random Fractal Terrain. I'm using
Mathcad (2000 pro) for it.
But it would be nice if some people here, could give me some code (read :
explanation) about the subject.
I'll use the diamond-square algorithm with the two steps : the diamond-step
and the square-step.
Thanks in advance.

stijn vande casteele

2. Bypassing ICD

3. Generating Random Fractal Terrain

4. Remapping a 256 color Bitmap to a new palette

5. quadtree for CG source code in C++ available - good for terrain data

6. "The End"

7. write error

8. Fractal Landscapes source code

9. generate GIF file source code

10. Source code to generate linear/log grid lines

11. Fractal Landscapes source code

12. source code for generating Geodesic Domes?