Bezier vs Poisson

Post by Charles R. Bon » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 07:54:57

When you're done figuring out how to pronounce Bezier,
try your hand at Poisson.

Thanks.

Bezier vs Poisson

Post by Vic » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:31:08

Quote:> When you're done figuring out how to pronounce Bezier,
> try your hand at Poisson.

well as far as I know it's pronounced as it's written. with an s. and poison
is with a z not an s. unless I got them backwards (although I doubt it.
Poisson means fish and it's something like
puoa-so(very light n) and poison means, well, poison :) and it's pronounced
puoa-zo(very light n))

why are we discussing this anyway?

Bezier vs Poisson

Post by Pablo de Heras Ciechomsk » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:14:33

> > When you're done figuring out how to pronounce Bezier,
> > try your hand at Poisson.

> well as far as I know it's pronounced as it's written. with an s. and
poison
> is with a z not an s. unless I got them backwards (although I doubt it.
> Poisson means fish and it's something like
> puoa-so(very light n) and poison means, well, poison :) and it's
pronounced
> puoa-zo(very light n))

> why are we discussing this anyway?

For science! For science my  friend.

/Pablo

Bezier vs Poisson

Post by Ian Kemmi » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:04:13

Quote:

>When you're done figuring out how to pronounce Bezier,
>try your hand at Poisson.

Just think yourself lucky DeBroglie didn't do any work that could be adopted by
the CG community:-)

Ian Kemmish                   18 Durham Close, Biggleswade, Beds SG18 8HZ, UK

Behind every successful organisation stands one person who knows the secret
of how to keep the managers away from anything truly important.

Bezier vs Poisson

Post by paul.dunn » Tue, 26 Dec 2000 11:01:24

Quote:> When you're done figuring out how to pronounce Bezier,
> try your hand at Poisson.

> Thanks.

 reckon, though I could be wrong, that it's pronounced

PWA-SON (it means fish in french)

PWA with a hard A,
SON as in "Song"

Paul.

1. intersection bezier/bezier &bezier/conic ?

hi there,

I am trying to solve the problem to intersect bezier curves and bezier curves
and algebraic curves, can somebody please point me towards information that can
help me to do that efficiently?

the solution I need, needs to be precise so polygonization of the curves
doesn't work. from reading books and scanning certain magazines, I think I
should be using an algorithm that utilizes implicitization of the parametric
curves.

thanks for any kind of input

ove

2. java VS c

3. Poisson number

4. OpenGL Drawing Area w/ IO text

5. Poisson Hard Core Field Algorithm

6. PSP 7 not add to right click "Open With" in Win2k SP-1

7. bezier user patch VS line

8. CSG vs. Bezier Paths

9. Bezier vs B-Spline

10. Pentium vs PII vs PP vs M1 vs K6 under Max

11. Bezier patches from network of Bezier curves

12. ** Bezier Solids (out of mult. Bezier Surfaces)