TIFF antialiasing without antialiasing?

Post by Sangdeuk Ki » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I want to know how to display TIFF image with antialiasing. If I scale
an image, it may be BMP format in memory, jagged edges happened.
I saw an application, which display TIFF image with antialiasing very
quickly whenever I scale the image..
However, I think, antialiasing needs much time, doesn't it?
Do you know how to display TIFF image with antialiasing so quickly?
OS : Win95
Language: C , C++
Thanks.

TIFF antialiasing without antialiasing?

Post by Bel » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:01:17 +0900, Sangdeuk Kim

>I want to know how to display TIFF image with antialiasing. If I
scale
>an image, it may be BMP format in memory, jagged edges happened.
>I saw an application, which display TIFF image with antialiasing very
>quickly whenever I scale the image..
>However, I think, antialiasing needs much time, doesn't it?
>Do you know how to display TIFF image with antialiasing so quickly?
>OS : Win95
>Language: C , C++
>Thanks.

Why do you need TIFF anyway? Files are too large and needs too much
memory to operate with. EPS routine should be more powerful as packing
and unpacking is with JPEG algorithym and image is definately better
quality than TIFF
GCOM:BG1/AD2 Beli/DLSF/ISD Centaur //CoFC  [Gold][MoI][IDM][GS]
BG I page  : http://members.xoom.com/beli135/bg1/start.html
Dark Adept/ATD/Dark Council/Kensai of SoH [VC][CD]
ATD page   : http://SOLAIR.EUnet.yu/~beli/atd/atd.html
RL Homepage: http://SOLAIR.EUnet.yu/~beli
ICQ No. 1878554