Algorithm for sqrt ?

Post by Vivian Man Che » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 12:17:33

Can someone please point me to where I can find a 32bit integer sqrt
function ? I'd rather not have names of books as I don't have the time to
look/wait for it. It would be great if someone could post pseudocode ( or
the actual code, any language will do ).

Please email replies ( I'd rather it flash "New Mail" on my screen
telling me someone's sent it to me than my having to rummage through lots
of messages looking to find it's not there yet ).

Thanks.

1. Moler Morrison algorithm for sqrt(xx+yy+zz)

I believe somone posted the Moler Morrison algorithm for sqrt(xx + yy)
a few days ago.  Could someone please save me the work of generalizing
it for use in 3 space so I don't have to go to the library ? If not
then could you atleast reccomend a book.

Chris

2. Question about Linking

3. Algorithms for integer sqrt, log, exponential, sin, cos

4. Importing svg graphics

5. Need fast algorithm for warping distance [sqrt(x*x+y*y)]

6. Rendered view as .BMP

7. unsigned fixed sqrt() wanted still

8. sqrt hardware?

9. Fixed point sqrt anyone?