high level api 3d library

Post by Dodgy Geeze » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Are there any high level api 3d graphics libraries?  I'm looking for
something which will let me load pre-created (3d studio for example) objects
into a game, and will then let me manipulate them as objects, rather than a
collection of polygons.

thanks

high level api 3d library

Post by Fredrick Sawye » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

OpenGVS; www.opengvs.com

> Are there any high level api 3d graphics libraries?  I'm looking for
> something which will let me load pre-created (3d studio for example) objects
> into a game, and will then let me manipulate them as objects, rather than a
> collection of polygons.

> thanks

high level api 3d library

Post by Dodgy Geeze » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

forgot to mention that it has to be free, but thanks anyway

high level api 3d library

Post by Erik Vanherc » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Are there any high level api 3d graphics libraries?  I'm looking for
>something which will let me load pre-created (3d studio for example)
objects
>into a game, and will then let me manipulate them as objects, rather than a
>collection of polygons.

And you want it free ?

Your best shot is probably surf the net for those computer science students
and hobiist who let you exeperiment with their engine. Some of them actually
wrote an entire scripting engine for. I knew of a site where there where
litteraly dozens of links to those free engines , unfortunately I lost the
link when my PC went down about two weeks ago ...

Anyway you should be able to find something interesting using the common
search engines

There is of course a drawback :
1. These engines are mostlikely aplha or beta or not even alpha and thus
make you reboot your pc quite often
2. Even if you find one that is stable enough , I doubt it 'll work fast
enough to support a game since that requires a lot of design and
optimization. And those things don't come cheap

high level api 3d library

Post by Karsten Isakov » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Are there any high level api 3d graphics libraries?  I'm looking for
>something which will let me load pre-created (3d studio for example) objects
>into a game, and will then let me manipulate them as objects, rather than a
>collection of polygons.

Just have a look the "3D Engine List"  at
  http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html

The list reviews about 500 realtime 3D engines, that are grouped into
several categories. About 200 of these engines come with source code,
some engines are quite advanced.

There are even some high-level libraries. They are harder to find in
the list, since there is no 'own' category for them. You might look
in the feature category under 'hierarchical objects'. Engines with
own API are found in the API category.

Greetings, Karsten
---
"3D Engines List"      http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html
FR 3-3, Computer Graphics, Technical University of Berlin

high level api 3d library

Post by John Paqui » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Are there any high level api 3d graphics libraries?  I'm looking for
> something which will let me load pre-created (3d studio for example) objects
> into a game, and will then let me manipulate them as objects, rather than a
> collection of polygons.

> thanks

Have you tried the Genesis engine?  I think it's free.

1. High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

We are looking for a third party high-level API to interface with
our low-level API (Galaxy, ParkPlace, or Neuron Data) to provide
graphical visualization functionality.  We do NOT want a fully
stand-alone product, but rather something which can be easily
controlled from a custom GUI application.  In addition the API
must be cross-platform-compatible, offering full functionality on
Suns, PCs, and Macs.  Something offering Display PostScript output
would be nice.

Does anyone know of such a beast?  We would be very grateful for
any information.

Mark Reeve

2. Vertical Text on PictureBox

3. Submit your listing to our freelance 3d animator directory

4. Higher level API

5. Using DirectX for a 2D CAD system

6. Higher Level API

7. Higher level abstraction api's