qhull vs. cdd

Post by Thomas Hirsc » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:56:52

Hello,

Does anyone have practical experience and recommendations concerning the
speed difference between the qhull algorithm/library and others?

I am looking for the fastest free library able to compute voronoi and
delaunay on a small set (<100) of nodes in high dimensions (~7 to 13).

"When to use qhull"[1] says:

Quote:> If your problem is in high dimensions with a few, non-simplicial facets,
> try Fukuda's cdd. It is much faster than Qhull for these distributions.

Do you have any knowledge at which point cdd becomes faster than qhull?

I know that qhull is unwilling to compute more than 9d diagrams due to
memory issues.

Thank you in advance for all comments, help or pointers to interesting
documents.

Thomas Hirsch

[1] http://www.thesa.com/software/qhull/html/index.htm#when

--

key print:      4382 395A 6954 D96A CC58  4C31 5A3D 0901 C933 BD8C

1. Translation of Claris CDD files to GIF

I am attempting to put a copy of our divisional logo onto our web page
and am running into severe problems in translating the artist's work
from ClarisDraw 1.0v2 (Win) into GIF format. I have not found any
program that will open the Claris CDD format at all.  When I save the
image in ClarisDraw in a CGM or WMF format and open those in MS Image
Composer or PaintShop, either the format cannot be opened or some of the
information has been lost (the logo has a color gradient that becomes a
solid color, font spacing changes).  Cutting to the clipboard and
pasting to another program loses the gradient also.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Bill

2. FA: Alias Wavefront: Power Animator 8.5, Full Book Set, FINAL DAY

3. FS CDD-R

4. Reyes is BACK, and in a BIG way!!

5. Pentium vs PII vs PP vs M1 vs K6 under Max

6. reg. gifs are not showing in websites

7. 3D voronoi problems in qhull

8. QHull: integration

9. How to Draw the output of QHULL?

10. qhull, exterior "shell" of triangle mesh

11. Announce: Qhull 2002.1 for convex hulls, Delaunay triangulations, Voronoi Diagrams, halfspace intersection

12. Announce: Qhull 3.1 with triangulated output