Filling algorithm with polygons in a vector world

Filling algorithm with polygons in a vector world

Post by Jean-Pierre Dub » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for an algorithm that will compute a polygon that will fill
the empty space surrounded by other polygons. Since I know the
coordonates of every vertices of every polygons I would like to find an
algorithm other the scan lines

Thanks for your help

Jean-Pierre Dub
Infocom enr.
Developpement de logiciel/Software development

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Fitting a polygon arround other polygons in a vector world

Hi,

I'm trying to find an algorithm that would create a polygon that would
fit within the delimitation of other polygons. The algorithm has to
work  with vector graphics (I know every coordinates of every edges in
the adjacent polygons).

To be more practical let say that you have a drawing canvas and on that
canvas there are probably none or more polygons already drawn. If the
user click with the mouse directly on the canvas I want to be able to
create a polygon that would fit within that region.

I have found several algorithms that work in a raster world using
different methods such as scan lines etc. But since I'm working with
vector graphic I'm looking for something appropriate

Thanks

2. Kurt Harrasing Huhn

3. I need a polygon fill algorithm (flood fill doesn't work)

4. Ventura4.1.1 to PDF?

5. looking for 2D vector fill algorithm

6. ImageMagick Convert & Solaris

7. Fast Polygon Filling algorithm needed !

8. HELP!!! How do i make GLOWING COLORS?For FIRE, MAGIC, ROBOT EYES, SPACE SHIP ENGINES etc.

9. Polygon Fill ALgorithm

10. Fast Polygon filling algorithm..

11. Polygon Fill Algorithm

12. AET polygon fill algorithm

13. fatest algorithm to fill a polygon ?