Assembler Optimization?

Post by Thorsten Kubi » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

does anybode know a good site about assembler-code optimization (Intel
based)?

Many thanks,

Thorsten

Assembler Optimization?

Post by Rui Pedro Santo » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>does anybode know a good site about assembler-code optimization (Intel
>based)?

    Try taking a look at the Intel site...
    They have lots of material on optimization for all their processors...

    See Ya,
    Rui Santos

Assembler Optimization?

Post by Erik Vanherc » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Hello all,

>does anybode know a good site about assembler-code optimization (Intel
>based)?

>Many thanks,

>Thorsten

Maybe you could by a book , it is usefull as a reference guide later on.
I personally recommend Micheal Abrash's Zen of Assembly language , although
its outdated and maybe not even for sale any more

Assembler Optimization?

Post by Joel Gautsch » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>does anybode know a good site about assembler-code optimization (Intel
>based)?

have a look at http://developer.intel.com/design/litcentr/index.htm

cya
Joel
J-freak / Carrots
http://www.space.ch/scene/carrots/
- eat carrots -

1. Microsoft Assembler to Borland Assembler...

Hi All,
   As mentioned I am trying to get the Quake 2 source code to compile
with  BCB and it seems I was on the right track.
I have hit a couple of hurdles during compilation.
1) I am getting an "E2451 error of Undefined Symbol <labelname>" in the
following lines of code
         mov Ljmptab[0*4], offset Lcase0 //<--- Over here
         mov Ljmptab[1*4], offset Lcase1
        mov Ljmptab[2*4], offset Lcase2
        mov Ljmptab[3*4], offset Lcase3
        mov Ljmptab[4*4], offset Lcase4
        mov Ljmptab[5*4], offset Lcase5
        mov Ljmptab[6*4], offset Lcase6
        mov Ljmptab[7*4], offset Lcase7

Lcase0-7 exist later on in the code as
Lcase0:

Can anyone see why I would be getting this error and how I can fix it.

2) Everything else seems to start compiling ok and then I get a
"F1013 Error writing output file".

What causes this second error?

Thanks,

Dominique.
http://www.DelphiGamer.com := for all your Object Pascal game
development needs;

2. Bad Illustrator 7.0 Bug!

3. BMP assembler source code

4. HELP! w/ Lightwave 5.5

5. assembler/compiler for TMS34020(TIGA)

6. Moving two large circles on a canvas

7. MIPS2 assembler reference...

8. Crazy loss of System Keyboard events.

9. Need TI 34020/34082 assemblers!

10. 68000 assembler books suggestions NEEDED

11. TMS 34010 assembler wanted...

12. Twixt/scn-assembler data files

13. Assembler for the 340x0