voxel viewing of FE mesh

Post by Tom Impellus » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:40:57

Hello...

I would like to view 3D data of the internals
of a finite element mesh.

Is it possible to do this with Voxels?

As I understand, viewing voxel data requires
that each voxel, or element, be the same cubic size.

In an auto-generated FE mesh, elements will be
irregular and of different sizes.  Some elements may
even be highly distorted.  Is it even possible to view
a 3D FE mesh using a voxel approach?

Thanks,
tom impelluso

1. voxel viewing of FE mesh

Hello...

I would like to view 3D data of the internals
of a finite element mesh.

Is it possible to do this with Voxels?

As I understand, viewing voxel data requires
that each voxel, or element, be the same cubic size.

In an auto-generated FE mesh, elements will be
irregular and of different sizes.  Some elements may
even be highly distorted.  Is it even possible to view
a 3D FE mesh using a voxel approach?

Thanks,
tom impelluso

2. Shearing

3. 3-D FE mesh display/printing

4. Dummy layers revisited

5. Remeshing a FE mesh

6. Ideal image filter not so ideal?

7. Geometric detail suppression for FE mesh generation

8. Need Printer Object example

9. voxel viewing

10. voxel->polygon mesh

11. Voxel data viewing

12. viewing a triangular mesh

13. Mesh separate from object while viewed