NEW FILTER: Chaos Filter

Post by Olcay Ciri » Mon, 28 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi!

I've just created a filter that I've dubbed the Chaos filter.
It produces astounding results! I've placed its use in the
public domain.

Basically, what it does is this:

A = Get raw pixel value at X,Y
Count1 = Count1 + 1
S = (S + A) / Count1
Plot new pixel using value of S

And it does this for each pixel, using raw RGB
values (As in not separated into R,G, and B)

The best results come from testing it out
on faces.

You also might want to try out various
blends. A 50/50 interpolation of the
Filtered and Source image looks
pretty cool.

        Any thoughts, discussion, criticism?

                -olcay

Olcay Cirit                 Head Programmer, SmileySoft

NEW FILTER: Chaos Filter

Post by Haluk Aydinog » Mon, 28 Aug 1995 04:00:00

|> Hi!
|>
|> I've just created a filter that I've dubbed the Chaos filter.
|> It produces astounding results! I've placed its use in the
|> public domain.
|>
|> Basically, what it does is this:
|>
|> A = Get raw pixel value at X,Y
|> Count1 = Count1 + 1
|> S = (S + A) / Count1
|> Plot new pixel using value of S
|>
|> And it does this for each pixel, using raw RGB
|> values (As in not separated into R,G, and B)
|>
|> The best results come from testing it out
|> on faces.

What is the application area of the chaos filter ?

|> You also might want to try out various
|> blends. A 50/50 interpolation of the
|> Filtered and Source image looks
|> pretty cool.
|>

|>   Any thoughts, discussion, criticism?
|>
|>           -olcay
|>

|> --
|> _______________________________________________________
|> Olcay Cirit                 Head Programmer, SmileySoft

--
"Nunquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necesitate."
Causes shall not be multiplied beyond necessity.

NEW FILTER: Chaos Filter

Post by Olcay Ciri » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>What is the application area of the chaos filter ?

Miscellaneous. It's just an interesting effect.

Post by Barry Chalmer » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>. . .
>I've just created a filter that I've dubbed the Chaos filter.
>It produces astounding results! . . .

>A = Get raw pixel value at X,Y
>Count1 = Count1 + 1
>S = (S + A) / Count1
>Plot new pixel using value of S
> . . .
>And it does this for each pixel, using raw RGB
>values (As in not separated into R,G, and B)

Olcay, I'm interested.  Forgive me if I've missed something everyone
just infers, but, how do you traverse the image? and how do you treat
RGB as a single unseparated value?

   3-D _S_F_X -- "Visual Excellence" --at-- S T R A T A