complementary colors, how to derive?

Post by Anton Sherwoo » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I need to derive the complementary colors of colors in either an RGB or
> HSB-scheme, it does not matter much which. Can anybody tell me how to go
> about it (pref. by e-amil)?

For RGB, simply the complement of each component.

For HSB, take the complement of the brightness
and add/subtract half a circle to the hue;
saturation should be (i think) the same.

--

complementary colors, how to derive?

Post by Rik Smit » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Dear all,

I need to derive the complementary colors of colors in either an RGB or
HSB-scheme, it does not matter much which. Can anybody tell me how to go
about it (pref. by e-amil)?

Thanks in advance,

Rik Smits

complementary colors, how to derive?

Post by Jonathan Sach » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>For RGB, simply the complement of each component.

If you just complement each component, you get a color whose
brightness is inverted along with the hue. To get the complementary
color with the same brightness, you have to rescale the values.

Jonathan Sachs

complementary colors, how to derive?

Post by A.G » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> I need to derive the complementary colors of colors in either an RGB or
> HSB-scheme, it does not matter much which. Can anybody tell me how to go
> about it (pref. by e-amil)?

Convert to HSL, flip the H location about the center of the circle and you
got your complementary color.  If you have more than one color, divide the
hue circle into the appropriate number of sections, e.g., if you want 3
colors, they will be 120 degrees apart in the hue domain.  The S and L
levels remain the same.

I hope this helps,

A.G.
WaveMetrics, Inc.

WWW site: http://www.wavemetrics.com/

FTP site: ftp://d31rz0.stanford.edu/

FTP site: ftp://ftp.wavemetrics.com/

1. How do I find a complementary color

I have a lot of trouble knowing what is a good complementary color to use
with an existing color.  For instance, say I have a background that's a
shade of yellow and I want to create text of a color that goes well with
that yellow background.

What techniques can be used in Photoshop (or with any other product) to find
good matching colors for someone like me who doesn't have an inate sense of
color?

Thanks.
Bob

2. How do I make puddle highlights?

3. convert to complementary colors?

4. What can cause a Display List to fail?

5. True complementary italics

6. Flat Mirror

7. complementary italics

8. Particles

9. True complementary italics

10. deriving values from transformation matrix

11. ANN: ZMECH v0.2.1 (IPAD-Pro derived: Interative state machine development tool)

12. ANN: IPAD v0.7.1 (IPAD-Pro derived: Intelligent vector drawing package)

13. ANN: XEBOT v0.2.1 (IPAD-Pro derived: Visual form builder)