1. Bones, bones, bones, and MORE BONES
I understand the basic theory behind it, but for crying out loud, can't
somebody post a decent tutorial on it....
yeah, I know, Milkshape, DirectX SDK skinned mesh example...been there, done
First of all, a simple example to start out with would be great. i.e.....a
piece of pipe with 2 bones....
in my www search for info and tutorials, there's been a horrid lack of info
or docs on how to deal with it on the programming end in Directx, for
example the DirectX docs on ID3DXSkinMesh is the most useless I've ever
seen, I would like do skeletal animation with it but as I said the docs are
useless, not to mention the overkill skinnedmesh example, which is nice to
look at but completely non-instructive...
ok, let me put it in nutshell where I need help...
1) Overview of how to create / import skeleton and skin from say, 3D Max 4
(that is, to import to directx mesh, and when I say directx I mean in a way
that exports all the bone and weight info, not just exporting a directx mesh
file, a monkey can do that)
(and no, the skinnedmesh example is useless as far as being instructive on
how to do this)
1) Load skinned mesh
2) load skeleton (or combine this with step (1)
3) assign the appropriate bone influence and weights in
the skinned mesh
4) big bonus: how to drive and animate skeleton/mesh thru
loading of motion capture files.....
2. Help Me!!! (viewers)
3. BONES BONES AND BONES?? NEED HELP
4. (no suject given -- from Hong Guan)
5. Bones Pro and deformation while rotating bones
6. How to add a path to a scene graph?
7. Good Bones + Bones PRO tutorial.
8. New Rhino 3D Tutorial
9. parenting bones to bones ?
10. (de)activate all bones, split bones LScripts...
11. Them Bones Them Bones...
12. using bones in bones?