subdividing cubes

Post by Jeroen Commandeu » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:06:04

Hi there,

I have a cube defined by 8 vertices. These vertices are stored in a seperate
list. The polygons are defined by using index-values into the verticelist.
For example: 0,1,2,3 means that this polygon is made out of 4 vertices,
vertices 0,1,2 and 3 in our verticelist. Simple enough. Now the cube is
drawn and rotated into an arbitrary position. Problem: I want to subdivide
this cube multiple times along its 3 axis so that, for example, the cube is
divided into 9 seperate cubes of equal size. Solution: anyone? I have
thought about a few ways to achieve this but would like to hear your
opinions about it.

Thanks,
Jeroen

subdividing cubes

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:41:12

> Hi there,
> I have a cube defined by 8 vertices. These vertices are stored in a seperate
> list. The polygons are defined by using index-values into the verticelist.
> For example: 0,1,2,3 means that this polygon is made out of 4 vertices,
> vertices 0,1,2 and 3 in our verticelist. Simple enough. Now the cube is
> drawn and rotated into an arbitrary position. Problem: I want to subdivide
> this cube multiple times along its 3 axis so that, for example, the cube is
> divided into 9 seperate cubes of equal size. Solution: anyone? I have
> thought about a few ways to achieve this but would like to hear your
> opinions about it.

It's unclear where in this rather simple project your problems are.
You'll need new vertices, and new polygons defined referring to both
new and old vertices.