Q: Graphics Gems IV

Post by Dennis Jocobfeuerbo » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I've seen many references to something called "Graphics Gems IV".
Can somebody please enlighten me if this is available online ?
It seems to contain many good articles.

Thanks,
Dennis

Q: Graphics Gems IV

Post by Bill Klail » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I've seen many references to something called "Graphics Gems IV".
> Can somebody please enlighten me if this is available online ?
> It seems to contain many good articles.

> Thanks,
> Dennis

I can't remember the authors name, but an Internet search on "Graphics
Gems IV" will lead you to his home page where many code samples and
articles are.

Good luck

Q: Graphics Gems IV

Post by David Har » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I've seen many references to something called "Graphics Gems IV".
> Can somebody please enlighten me if this is available online ?
> It seems to contain many good articles.

This is the URL:

http://www.acm.org/tog/GraphicsGems/

Q: Graphics Gems IV

Post by Stephen Westi » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> > I've seen many references to something called "Graphics Gems IV".
> > Can somebody please enlighten me if this is available online ?
> > It seems to contain many good articles.

> > Thanks,
> > Dennis

> I can't remember the authors name, but an Internet search on "Graphics
> Gems IV" will lead you to his home page where many code samples and
> articles are.

The Graphics Gems Repository is at

  http://www.acm.org/tog/GraphicsGems/

and includes source code for the entire Gems series (5 volumes in
all). The real goodies are in the books, which explain the thinking
behind the code. Some Gems include no code at all. Head for Academic
Press at

  http://www.apcatalog.com/

for ordering information on the books, or bug your local bookstore.

The series has been terminated, I believe, at the behest of the series
editor, Andrew Glassner. Its successor is the Journal of Graphics
Tools, findable at

  http://www.acm.org/jgt/

--
-Stephen H. Westin

The information and opinions in this message are mine, not Ford's.

Q: Graphics Gems IV

Post by Paul Robert Nas » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I've seen many references to something called "Graphics Gems IV".
> Can somebody please enlighten me if this is available online ?
> It seems to contain many good articles.

It was a book, one of a series of 5.  This particular one was edited by
Paul Heckbert.  An Internet search should lead you to many homepages and
source code that talk about it.  It is basically a collection of articles
and source for useful graphics algorithms.  Checkout amazon.com if you're
interestd in buying the books -- they have them at like 30% off.

| Snr, Eng. CS & Tech. Management |    sky. No cigar, no lady on his arm,|
+---------------------------------+--\ just a guy made of dots and lines"|
| http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/pr-nash |            - They Might Be Giants |