Poisson Hard Core Field Algorithm

Post by Eric Brick » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I'm looking for an algorithm for Poisson Hard Core Field.  If
anyone has an algorithm, or can point me to a good resource, I'd
really appreciate the help.

Eric
University of *ia
--
***********************************
* Eric Bricker                    *

1. Need hard core help doing some 3d optimizations

I just ran Turbo Profiler on some code of mine, and it looks like roughly
90% of my CPU time is being shoved into one function.  Any help on the
optimizations would be really appreciated.

E-mail would be preferred, however posts are fine too.

void Calc3D ( int WorldX, int WorldY, int WorldZ,
              int MX, int MY, int MZ,
              int *DisplayX, int *DisplayY)
{
float xa, ya, za;

   WorldX=-WorldX;
   xa=_yawCosFactor*WorldX-_yawSinFactor*WorldZ;
   za=_yawSinFactor*WorldX+_yawCosFactor*WorldZ;
   WorldX=_rollCosFactor*xa+_rollSinFactor*WY;
   ya=_rollCosFactor*WorldY-_rollSinFactor*xa;
   WorldZ=_pitchCosFactor*za-_pitchSinFactor*ya;
   WorldY=_pitchSinFactor*za+_pitchCosFactor*ya;
   WorldX+=MX;
   WorldY+=MY;
   WorldZ+=MZ;
   *DisplayX=AngPerspFactor*WorldX/WorldZ;
   *DisplayY=AngPerspFactor*WorldY/WorldZ;

AngPerspFactor is a float, as are the assorted factors.  I have already
used a COS and SIN lookup table in another part of the module to expedite
things, but this is really slowing things down considerably.

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

2. Q: How to convert HLS(HSV) to RGB

3. Eleventeen - Hard Core Design and Multimedia

4. Painting a bitmap from thread. Synchronize or canvas.lock

5. Eleventeen-Hard Core Design and Multimedia

6. mpeg rendering ?

7. 3D Studio

8. POV height-field core dumps

9. MMX Core routines/Fast Core routines