Source code for animated gif

Post by Andrzej Bednarsk » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Where can i find source code for reading animated icons, and
gif format.

--
Andrzej B. J.

Source code for animated gif

Post by Dinsen-Hans » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 25 May 1998 08:25:16 +0200, Andrzej Bednarski

>Where can i find source code for reading animated icons, and
>gif format.

>--
>Andrzej B. J.

I am not certain if this is what you want, but
the public domain program WHIRLGIF which can be loaded from
http://www.msg.net/utility/whirlgif/
contains an algorithm which decodes the compressed GIF data.

The algorithm does not save the decoded data, but an out-commented
line shows where and how the data could be sent to a file.

Whirlgif is a fast and FREE gif-animator.  We are working on a version
which can find the differences between two consecutive frames, and
only store that difference.

Laura Lemay calls Whirlgif somewhat crude.  You may say so.  You must
know what you want, but then it is easy to use.  For an example,. look
at the little pipe-smoker icon on my home page:
http://www.danbbs.dk/~dino/

Best regards.
Hans Dinsen-Hansen