looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

Post by Susan M. Fishe » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:41:44

I am using gluNurbs to render a nurbs surface/curve.  I'd like to do
multi-texturing, but because glu1.2 doesn't support callbacks I cannot
do this.  I tried downloading the glu 1.3 source from sgi's website
(search google: sgi sample opengl), but cannot figure out how to compile
it under windows or msvc++

I am working on a 1/9/02 deadline, and would welcome any
advice/pointers/zipped projects...
thanks

looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

Post by Johan » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 16:58:48

get yourself a newer version, it is allready 3.7 by now, you should get up
to date.

http://www.sgi.com/software/opengl/glut.html

MrDutchy.

looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

Post by Robert Bergkvis » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 20:19:16

That's glut your talking about which is a platform independat wrapper for
openGL.
Glu is a utility lib used for tesselation etc, which usually comes with
opengl.
I think the glu implementation for Mesa is 1.3, but I'm not completely sure,
but you might want to take a look

--
Regards
Robert Bergkvist

Quote:> get yourself a newer version, it is allready 3.7 by now, you should get up
> to date.

> http://www.sgi.com/software/opengl/glut.html

> MrDutchy.

looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

Actually I am looking for GLU, not GLUT

Post by César Blecua Udía » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 04:26:46

> Actually I am looking for GLU, not GLUT

The GLU source code is available in both Mesa and the OpenGL-SI by SGI,
although I'm not sure about version numbers. Take a look at the OpenGL
FAQ for URLs to OpenGL source code distributions.

Csar

looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

Post by Susan M. Fishe » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:00:07

the opengl sample includes src for glu1.3 - but the nurbs are not
implemented.

> > Actually I am looking for GLU, not GLUT

> The GLU source code is available in both Mesa and the OpenGL-SI by SGI,
> although I'm not sure about version numbers. Take a look at the OpenGL
> FAQ for URLs to OpenGL source code distributions.

> Csar

looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

Post by Johan » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:56:28

Quote:> That's glut your talking about which is a platform independat wrapper for
> openGL.
> Glu is a utility lib used for tesselation etc, which usually comes with
> opengl.
> I think the glu implementation for Mesa is 1.3, but I'm not completely
sure,
> but you might want to take a look

oh, my mistake, sorry.

MrDutchy.

1. looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

I am using gluNurbs to render a nurbs surface/curve.  I'd like to do
multi-texturing, but because glu1.2 doesn't support callbacks I cannot
do this.  I tried downloading the glu 1.3 source from sgi's website
(search google: sgi sample opengl), but cannot figure out how to compile
it under windows or msvc++

I am working on a 1/9/02 deadline, and would welcome any
advice/pointers/zipped projects...
thanks

2. Full screen OpenGL for Win32.

3. OpenGL 1.2 or glu 1.3 for windows?

4. .FLI files?

5. Scanner doesn`t work after upgrade from gimp 1.2 to 1.3

6. MDI Application that uses OpenGL

7. GLU 1.3 availability for IRIX 6.5?

8. NavCam update

9. Does glu 1.3 even exist ?