wavelet extrapolation

Post by Tobias Gorslebe » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:23:06

Hi,
There exists a method for estimating a higher resolution information of a
small image, which should be scaled then, obtained by extrapolating the
wavelet transform. Does someone have experiences with it and can give me
some more information, literature, programms or website hints about it? At
this moment I've found only one good paper about this topic:
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/chang95resolution.html

Thanks a lot!

Tobias

wavelet extrapolation

Post by Stefan Werne » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:29:16

Hi,

> There exists a method for estimating a higher resolution information of a
> small image, which should be scaled then, obtained by extrapolating the
> wavelet transform. Does someone have experiences with it and can give me
> some more information, literature, programms or website hints about it? At
> this moment I've found only one good paper about this topic:
> http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/chang95resolution.html

I remember reading about a commercial product that did something like that
in the german c't magazine. I don't know the issue, unfortunately. Must have
been last year, as I haven't bought the c't since september.

Stefan