Newbie Direct3D Retained Mode Question...

Newbie Direct3D Retained Mode Question...

Post by Tony Di Cro » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Having just gotten some of my first D3DRM code running, I immediatley
noticed that when D3DRM draws my objects to the back buffer, it draws
them on a white background... And if you translate or rotate the
object the little white bounding boxes just move with it... Basically
what I want is like when you're blitting a sprite and you leave out
transparent colors... BUT I'd rather not have to use some
OFFSCREENPLAIN surface as the target 3D surface and then do a
transparent blit... isn't their some way to tell RM not to draw those
bounding white boxes?

1. Direct3D Retained Mode

Can anyone point me at any on-line resources which might help me to gently
transition from OpenGL to Direct3D retained mode? Failing that can anyone
recommend a good book?
First impressions are that there is a very strong (almost one to one)
correspondence. Would anyone care to point out the main differences?

Many thanks
Des

2. Dotted line becomes solid when printing

3. 3DFX supported by Direct3D retained mode?

4. Which programs to use?

5. Troubles with RayPick (Direct3D Retained Mode)

6. ANN: ICT Screen To AVI VCL

7. Direct3d Retained Mode Application

8. MAC <-> PC problem !

9. Direct3D retained mode (EInvalidOp)

10. errors with Direct3D Retained Mode

11. Drawing lines in Direct3D Retained Mode

12. Direct3D Retained mode docs...

13. Retained Mode Question