ISO Contour Algorithm

Post by John Peac » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Can any one please provide me with a ISO - Contour plotting algorithm. To
read a set of numeric values and plot contours with values indicated on
each contour line.

Thanks

ISO Contour Algorithm

Post by Ferdi Smi » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

The marching cubes algorithm will do. Or the delauney algorithm.

Ferdi Smit

> Can any one please provide me with a ISO - Contour plotting algorithm.
> read a set of numeric values and plot contours with values indicated
> on
> each contour line.

> Thanks

ISO Contour Algorithm

Post by Robert Fitzjoh » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Can any one please provide me with a ISO - Contour plotting algorithm. To
> read a set of numeric values and plot contours with values indicated on
> each contour line.

All depends how your data is 'organised'. If you have scattered data of
a 3D surface(x, y, Z), then you will have to apply a triangulation to
your data set and find the intersection of each contour plane with each
triangular plane. if your data is arranged as a 2d matrix representing
your surface, then consider four points at a time, divide them into four
triangles and find the intersection with each contour plane to get a
contour line.

If you want code to do the triangulation, e-mail me and I'll send you a
copy.

Regards,

Rob

Nottingham,