looking for simple meshes in simple format

looking for simple meshes in simple format

Post by Florian H?ne » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 05:09:28

i just got my little program done to render a spinning cube based on
triangles in mode 13. but i want to show off something cooler than
cubes and cylinders and the like and so i'm looking for some nice tiny
simple meshes like a skull or an apple or anything like that with few
triangles. i have to handle the file loading myself, so a simple format
is preferred. i hope someone can point me to some ressources.
Florian

looking for simple meshes in simple format

Post by Steve Ahlgre » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:15:33

the "Stanford Bunny" is a standard
http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

> i just got my little program done to render a spinning cube based on

looking for simple meshes in simple format

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:08:02

[...]

Quote:> nice tiny simple meshes

You're asking a bit much, I'd say.  You can pick any two out of the
three criteria you give here and find such meshes.  But no mesh of a
non-trivial object (i.e. something considerably more complicated than
a cube) will be nice, tiny and simple at the same time.

About the most time-honoured "standard example" would be the Utah
teapot.  Google it up.  Nice and relatively simple, but not tiny.

You might want to try the classical regular bodies, too, like the
dodecahedron and icosahedron.  Only slightly more complicated than the
square, but still tiny.

Post by Florian H?ne » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:05:24

> the "Stanford Bunny" is a standard
> http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

>> i just got my little program done to render a spinning cube based on

as far as i can see, this are about serel thousands of triangles!
im looking for something much simpler about few hundret or is there
a smaller model available?
Florian

looking for simple meshes in simple format

Post by Olivie » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:19:22

145.253.2.18:

>> the "Stanford Bunny" is a standard
>> http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

>>> i just got my little program done to render a spinning cube based on

> as far as i can see, this are about serel thousands of triangles!
> im looking for something much simpler about few hundret or is there
> a smaller model available?
> Florian

Try downloading this program:

http://mrl.nyu.edu/~biermann/subdivision/

It comes with meshes of various complexities that are used to test it. They
are in plain text format so you should be able to figure them out pretty
easily. Since the meshes are intended for subdivision schemes, most are
under 1000 faces IIRC. Some files have extra information like normals and I
think color, so beware.

Olivier

looking for simple meshes in simple format

Post by Florian H?ne » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:08:34

Quote:

> Try downloading this program:

> http://mrl.nyu.edu/~biermann/subdivision/

> Olivier

the "venus" mesh is exactly what i was looking for
thanks
Florian

1. !!!! SIMPLE PROBLEM needs SIMPLE TOOL !!!!!

For a European Research project I am currently looking for a simple tool
that enables me to display Boxes in 3d at real-time.
The platform is Ms-Windows and I need a DDE interface to the functions
that display, rotate, etc the boxes.

Does anybody know of a library (preferably a DLL or a Delphi Component)
that does all this?

   Thanx in advance.

Cap Volmac
Daltonlaan 300, Room 1132                            Phone: +31-30-526651
P.O. Box 2575, 3500 GN Utrecht, The Netherlands        Fax: +31-30-522234

2. Limit to Lists?

3. Need help w/ simple simple 2D thing

4. ScanMate / Color Se problem to Install

5. Need simple help for this simple idiot.

6. Clearing ZBuffer based on Stencil

7. A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

8. P5 newbie, Please help

9. Simple Task, Simple Question

10. simple question for a simple mind (mine!)

11. How to partition a non-simple polygon with holes into some simple polygons

12. Simple Guy, Simple Question: spine interpolation?

13. Simple animation (very simple)