area of rectangles overlap algorithm needed

area of rectangles overlap algorithm needed

Post by Greg Smyt » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking for an alogorithm to work out the area of overlap of two
rectangles given only their corner points.

cheers greg

area of rectangles overlap algorithm needed

Post by Chaman L. Sabharwa » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

see any graphics book e.g. baker&hearn or foly et.al
use wielr atherton algorithm to find the  overlap, you can find the
area.
chaman