GIF Extension Blocks?

Post by Nathan Cilibert » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know where to get specs for GIF function extentions?
-Nathan

GIF Extension Blocks?

Post by Oliver Kreylo » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where to get specs for GIF function extentions?
> -Nathan

Try www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~mxr/gfx - they have great descriptions for lots of
file formats.

HTH,

  Oliver

--

WWW:   http://graphics.cs.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos

1. GIF & Netscape Extension Block (looping)

Hello all.

I'm writing a simple function to return the number of times a given GIF file
will loop through it's animations.  I know about the Netscape2.0 app.
extension, but what I want to know is this:  can this block ever be found
past the start of the image data?

Every GIF i've examined follows this sequence:

headers
[global color table]
[misc. app extensions -- including netscape's]
image data*
end

But does it *have* to?  Can the netscape block ever come after the start of
the image data?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard
-----------------------------
Richard Moss
Danrich Internet LLC
Makers of deal-mac
http://deal-mac.com/

2. Character Studio Problem

3. GIF extension for SuperPaint or GIF Drawer

4. 3D SunCore

5. interpolation/decimation by block in IDCT block

6. Window Level for 8bit Gray

7. GIF Control Blocks / Types in perl - unsigned, etc.

8. Problem removing transparency

9. GIF: I'm having problems with the Data Sub Blocks

10. GIF: I'm having problems with data sub blocks

11. GIF: I'm having problems with the Data Sub Blocks

12. question about GIF 89a spec (Application Extension)