JBIG Compression?

Post by Tim Underwo » Fri, 10 Feb 1995 12:05:20

I read a blurb in an imaging mag talking about JBIG compression.  It is
supposed to be a lossless compression algorithm (as opposed to JPEG), and
supposedly has better compression capabilities.

Does anyone know anything (info/source/etc.) on this algorithm?

Thanks.

1. JBIG compression for Document Imaging

Could some kind soul please point me to any papers or information about
JBIG?  I was told it was being considered as a ISO standard. It is supposedly
more efficient and math intensive then CCITT G4.  I understand JBIG has
origins at IBM.  Please CC me any posted responses.
Thanks!
--
Don't confuse my "lack of interest" as "stupidity."
Phillip A. Lindsay                    All opinions expressed are

2. the BEST 3d picture program??????

3. Need JBIG compression/decompression library

4. 3DFX Voodoo cards & Mac OS X

5. JBIG compression for Document Imaging

6. Software Bundles w/Intergraph & SGI

7. JBIG-KIT 1.3 Lossless Image Compression Library Released

8. JBIG bi-level image compression kit 0.6 available

9. JBIG image compression software available

10. Bilevel image compression, JBIG, where ?

11. JBIG-KIT Version 1.0 Released

12. JBIG encoded TIFFs?