CGAL

Post by Sergey Stepano » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello.
Is here somebody can speak about CGAL lybrary?
Thank you for any information.
Best regards.
Sergey.

P.s. I was already in CGAL home page.

CGAL

Post by Sven Haveman » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hello.
> Is here somebody can speak about CGAL lybrary?

What do you want to do with CGAL? -

Generally speaking, it's a computational geometry package for advanced
C++ users, and it works just on a couple of compilers.

We would like to use it here, but unfortunately it doesn't compile under
NT/Visual C++ 5.0.

Apart from these difficulties it's a great package of data structures
and algorithms, simplifying many tasks a lot - if you speak C++ fluently
and it compiles for you. But, of course, its usefulness depends on your
applications.

best regards, Sven.

 dipl-inform. Sven Havemann        Institut fuer ComputerGraphik
 Odastrasse 6                      Rebenring 18
 38122 Braunschweig - Germany      38106 Braunschweig - Germany
 Tel. 0531/2808955                 Tel. 0531/391-2108, Fax: -2103

CGAL

Post by Sergey Stepano » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> What do you want to do with CGAL? -

> Generally speaking, it's a computational geometry package for advanced
> C++ users, and it works just on a couple of compilers.

Hello, Sven Havemann.

I try to use this package in robotics applications.
I had some problems with this package and I could not to solve some of
one till now.
If you have some examples of using this package, please, let me know.
And for me very it is very impotant to know  how can I make a hole in
polyhedron.
Then It will be good if I will find some examples of distance
calculation between polyhedrons.
And so on...

Best Regards.
Sergey.

1. CGAL 2.1, Computational Geometry Algorithms Library

We are pleased to announce release 2.1 of CGAL, the Computational
Geometry Algorithms Library.
CGAL 2.1 is the first release to support the Windows platform.

Additions to release 2.0 include:
- Triangulations in 3D
- Alpha shapes
- Several algorithms on sets of points in 2D
- Support for compilers under Windows NT/98/95 (VC++, g++).
- and more

The CGAL project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, easy to use,
and efficient C++ software library of geometric data structures and
algorithms. The CGAL library contains:
- Basic geometric primitives such as points, vectors, lines,
  predicates such as for relative positions of points, and operations
  such as intersections and distance calculation.
- A collection of standard data structures and geometric algorithms,
  such as convex hull, (Delaunay) triangulation, planar map, polyhedron,
  smallest enclosing sphere, and multidimensional query structures.
- Interfaces to other packages, e.g. for visualisation, and I/O, and
  other support facilities.

For further information and for downloading the library and its
documentation,  please visit the CGAL web page:

    http://www.cs.uu.nl/CGAL/

Should you have any questions or comments, please send a message to

2. 3-D model fitting/shape parametrization...

3. CGAL 2.0, Computational Geometry Algorithms Library

4. client library availability?

5. available: CGAL 1.2, Computational Geometry Algorithms Library

6. Bit maps?

7. Announcement: CGAL Computational Geometry Algorithms Library available

8. NewBie: Using CGAL to find the area visible to an edge of a polygon

9. CGAL on Mac OS X

10. CGal and Voronoi diagrams in 3D

11. C++ matrix library for CGAL

12. CGAL library