How to create medial axis

Post by Xiao Xiang Sh » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:58:19

Tough problem, We are investigating the algorithm to create medial
axis(surface)for some 3D moels. Can anyone offer API to implement or provide
a way to do it? Thanks a bundle!

How to create medial axis

Post by Andreas Fabr » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:56:09

>Tough problem, We are investigating the algorithm to create medial
>axis(surface)for some 3D moels. Can anyone offer API to implement or provide
>a way to do it? Thanks a bundle!

Have a look at

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~tamaldey/cocone.html

andreas

1. Help! Code for finding Medial Axis (symmetric axis)

Hi,

I am looking for a code to find the medial axis of shapes on arbitary
surfaces.I know that an algorithm exists for finding the axis for shapes
on two dimensional plane surface,I want a code that works for arbitary
surfaces.

I would appreciate if someone can help me on this or atleast give a
good reference where I can get to know the theory behind it,so that I
can formulate my own code.

Thanks
Navin Khaneja                                           APT# 1
Electronic Signal and Systems Research Laboratory       6675  Washington avenue
Department of Electrical Engineering                    MO-63130
Washington University                                   Ph: 314-726-5698
Ph : 314-935-7552

2. C Source Images

3. Software for watertight surface reconstruction from point clouds and medial axis

4. 3DS R4 -Scripts

5. software release for water tight surface reconstruction from point clouds and Medial axis (MAT)

6. Challenges

7. 3d Medial Axis (was 3D Interrogation Software)

8. RGB or CMYK

9. MEDIAL SURFACE(AXIS)

10. Medial Axis of a 3D-Object

11. software release for water tight surface reconstruction from point clouds and Medial axis (MAT)

12. 3D medial axis transform/skeletonization

13. Medial Axis Transform